Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation I need HELP!!!! ANYONE!!

I'm new to this site and im new to the word "Emetophobia" I just called it OCD because ive had it all of my life and my OCD revolves around Emet. Soooo im curious about some anti Nausea meds..... Any suggestions??? Please if u know of any meds for actually treating emet. give me something to go on. I have tryed at least 20 dif. meds and NONE of them have worked. Zoloft helped with deppresion but did nothing for my OCD and Emet. Lexapro sent me to the hospital with a bad reaction and the rest of them i have just had no luck with. So please if you think you might know something that will work shout it out. Has anyone ever taken Effexor? (prolly didnt spell it right..) i heard it might work. ive never tryed it tho. And can someone possiablly give me a rundown of the abbreviations for things on here. I know what SV and N and P mean but i think there is a few im missing and im getting a little confused reading some of these threads. Thanks!

Default Re: I need HELP!!!! ANYONE!!

welcome to the forum.........i take prozac and have for almost 20 years......it helps me stop obsessing so much.....i also have a script for valium for when a panic sets in........usually if i start to feel n i take 1/2 valium.

i'm sure you will get lots of replies.......lots of different meds........i havent even told my doctor about my emet.....i kind of talk all around it to him......i've been this way for 50 years now.......

abbreviations....... ms morning sickness, v....pretty obvious..vomit, noro...norovirus, i cant think of any more.....

again...welcome and hope you get some answers....i know this site helped me immensley in my everyday life
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey! Welcome! I have extreme OCD as a result of emet., too. I had the same reactions as you did with Zoloft and Lexapro...but I've been on Celexa a few times, and so far it does take the edge off. People with OCD need higher dosages, I'm told. Has any of your docs recommended that med.? Maybe you've already tried it? Zofran is a really good anti-emet. med. This site is great and the support has helped me so much! Glad you're here!

I havent tryed those. and i will definatelly check into it. right now im trying to find someone who will work with me on a pay scale.... i dont have insurance anymore... blue cross blue sheild kicked me off because this ocd and emet battle has gone on for at least ten years and they said they were done and wont insure me... so paying for these appointments is crazy exspensive... when i find a doc i will definatelly suggest those meds! thanks for the advice everyone!

something fizzy sometimes helps. but i dont like having to drink or ingest anything when i feel sick. otherwise ginger is a natural alternative to n*. you can eat it on its own (which tastes horrible) or buy ginger tablets at chemist which are also used for travel sickness.

I personally wouldn't recomend ant-nausea meds. I would go w/ emetophobia recovery system, but the choice is yours.

Welcome to the forum!

Ginger tea is also quite a good antiemetic

I have a link in my signature about ways to deal with nausea, if you want to check it out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello wrenchin33 i dont know if this will help you much but I have taken so many SSRI's and they make me even sicker, the last time i took zoloft i had depersonalization and derealization and it terrified me!!! but you can try Remeron Soltab, the downside is it will make you very tired, but it is suppose to help appetite. I took it in 2003 and i felt hungry all the time, i quit cause i didnt want to get fat. But i am not sure if it will help with OCD symptoms, my therapist said if you have so much trouble wit the SSRI's to give this one a try