Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just took my temperature and its99.1....am i getting sick????
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

now its 99.2
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Normal is 98.6, and if you went to the doctor I don't think they'd say you had a fever. I don't know. I would be concerned if my temp was up too, but it could be a number of reasons. If it goes above 99.5, then I'd worry. Hope you're feeling better tho. Let us know.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

lol. okay now its 98.6 in a matter of a two or three minutes....sorry for the post..i guess im fine...I HOPE
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

What kind of thermometer do you have? digital?
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Its a digital one...and now I'm back up to 99.2. Why is fluctuating like this?
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I don't know! Do you feel hot or icky?

I feel hot...yeah..but its also about 70 degrees and we have no air conditioning in the windows yet...OMFG. .am i getting sick?I dont feel icky YET. its 99.0 now...ughh..i cant take this!!!!!
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

i had chicken about three hours ago...could i have bird flu?? omg..im such a hypochondriac...but this is...weird..how can i be getting sick? i wash my hands--alot....and i hardly go into public to bring germs in..i dont let my mom or aunt kiss me goodbye or goodnight..i dont eat anything anyone has touched..98.6 now...arrgg. my temperature is normally 97.6 or something!!!!! Edited by: mystikal star
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Ok, first of all, take a second to breath. I'm not sure but the mind is pretty powerful and you could be panicking and it's making your temp do that. Can you put the thermometer down and not take your temp for like a half hour? Give it a half hour and see if it's still up. Temperature fluctuates normally through out the day, so this is what it just could be. And a higher temp doesn't always mean sickness, it could be the time of the month or alot of things. But can you stop taking your temp for even a half hour?? Please try not to panic!!

I don't thinkwe have bird flu in the US.

Oh man. I went through this a couple days ago. I had a temp of 99.1 and I FREAKED OUT! But I was fine. It then went down to 98.7. Your body fluccuates in temperature all the time. Having a bath, Eating, moving around alot, temperature outside all affects the bodies temp.

This is exactly why i dont take my temp all the time, because i would worry needlessly. Body temp changes constantly, especially when you get anxious. and taking your temp every 5 minutes, whats the point?@before you took it did you feel nausea? Real nausea? No And thinking about it logically you havent done anything that will make you sick. Even if you DID have a fever which you don't it still doesnt mean you are sick or vomiting or anything. So just put the thermometer Down!!!! And breath!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

its only considered a fever when its much higher than that. dont worry. your completely fine. our temps change with our cycles.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Take a little breath there sweetie! You're going to be FINE!

My temperature has been going crazy lately from 97-99 up and down and down and up and I've finely chocked it up to being the weather. It's higher when I come home from work for some reason (prob. because it's 5 degrees in the store and 70 outside). I'm sure you're fine though.

And... people can't catch the bird flu so no need to worry there!

Relax and drink some cool water or run cool water over your wrists and that might help you cool off a bit.

Good Luck,

Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

i know what u r talkin about! my temp fluctualtes and when my stomach is upset i FREAK just like u are now...... my temp is normally 97.7 and i think im sick all the time. its sooo horrible. are u a hyperchondriac or are u jsut worried aobut V-ing? i hate fevers i think that if im sick it automatically means im gonna V- and i feel so anxious until im better. even if its a cold.
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"