Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please Help!

Default Please Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here--and not sure how all this works, but I'm really tired of living with my emetophobia.
    I've been struggling with this phobia for as long as I can remember, but I haven't had any luck with counselors in the past. Most of them have not understood the extent of my fear.

I'm looking for support. I am in a point of my life where I am ready to ditch the fear. I want to get over this so much!

I am a college student, though, and don't have the proper medical insurance or flexible schedule to find a suitable program for treatment. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone had success with the Emetophobia Recovery System?

I'd appreciate any responses to this post!

Thanks!
    Clare

Default Re: Please Help!

welcome to the forum........i'm sure you will get lots of ideas on how to cope.......i personally take prozac.....been on and off it for 20 years now.....i go through periods where things are good and emet isn't too much of a problem.....though always there.......and then i have the bad timees when it seems "ever present".

i find the best way to cope with this is to push myself a little further everytime i feel bad.......like making myself go to work...when i want to stay in bed becuase i'm sooo scared. i make deals with myself.......go out for one hour....then two hours......etc. most times once i get out and moving around i feel much much better.......mind over matter i suppose.

well that's my way of dealing.........hope it helps......also just reading and posting in here has really calme3d me down........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the advice!

I myself have been taking several OCD and depression meds ever since I was 12 years old. It helps on and off.
    Just reading some of the stories and posts on this forum has made me more confident in the fact that I may be able to cope with my emet! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

The most important thing I or anyone here can possibly tell you is: Surround yourself with understanding supportive people! Communicate your feelings and help people help you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Please

Ive had already my interview in College of Art & Design n I asked about this drawing and during interview I asked tutors about this drawing and they told me that it just looks fine like this that is really good, so than u for your help :

Welcome to the forum!