Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Just…terrified. (help?)

Okay…

So I'm going to Greece on in just under two weeks, and one of my biggest fears other than V*ing, is flying - most likely because when I was 12, a child decided it would be pleasant to V* on me before we even took off, now I find even thinking about boarding a plane traumatic, not to mention claustrophobic.

My doctor has given me 20 2mg Diazepam tablets, which have worked for me in the past.

Questions.

1. If I take 3 2mg Diazepam tablets on an empty stomach - will this make me V*?

and 2. Will all the apprehension and anxiety cause me to V*? (biggest fear).

Lucie

Default Re: Just…terrified. (help?)

i take 5mg diazepam and they do not make me v......they calm me down and usually my stomach relaxes.......the anxiety shouldn't make you v. but take the meds and you won't have to worry about the anxiety.....

have fun.......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you will be fine...it will calm you down...i am so jealous that your going to greece! where are you going? My sister and I are planning a trip right now to greece in Sept. I have a good friend that lives on Andros Island...Have a blast!

Stop being anxious by just thinking about where you are going. It should be an awesome trip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That experience would freak me out as well! I don't like flying either, so I do everything I can to make sure I sleep most of the flight. Phenegrin is the best for flying...calms the stomach AND knocks you out. Mix that with a little bit of that valium and you have yourself a good flight!
    Since I have neither valium nor phenegrin, I'm making due with benedryl and dramamine.
    Don't fly with an empty stomach...hunger can actually make you queasy, especially if you are anxious. Something light, like a banana and toast, would be perfect.
    Have fun in Greece...I've been there a few times, and it was simply amazing (Rhodos,Crete, and Cyprus). Don't worry about food poisioning or whatnot...most every place I saw was impeccibly clean and sanitary....and the food is simply amazing.

thanks you'all wonderful people!

x

I'm going to Greece soon myself. Have fun and good luck!