Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Are you only afraid of v*, or are you also afraid of d*?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only afraid of v*

23 69.70%
  • Afraid of both v* and d*.

10 30.30%

Thread: Just v*?

Default Just v*?

Hi everyone,

I very curious about this--I am of course deathly afraid of v* and v*ing, but not so much about things going the other way. I experience d* on a very regular basis and it really doesn't bother me in the least.

I'm interested if anyone else feels this way! Is it just v* you are afraid of or any sort of sickness?

Thanks!
    Clare

Default Re: Just v*?

I voted both because I never have d*, so it would terrify me if I had it right now. It's another symptom of an sv, and reminds me of v-ing.

d doesnt really bother me.....makes me a little anxious.....but would rather it "come out" that way..........i had a sv with d only........wasn't too horrible
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I voted both v* and d*, but I'd say d* bothers me like, 1/5 as much as v*. And if I know what is causing the d*, like I ate too much dried fruit, it doesn't bother me that much unless I feel sick with it. I do get obsessed with a lot of different symptoms, though. Like even a rash can freak me out if I dont' know WHY I have it.

I put both. If I know what is causing the d*, I don't mind it. But if I have no reason, I freak out!!

I said v* I have d* every so often and most of the time I just have it with no other symptoms. If I am feeling sick with the d* to where I think I might v* I get scared but d* by itself is ok

i just put vomit, i have diarrhea all the time, but i know its from my IBS, if it was from another situation i might freak out...BUT, I am so used to it, it doesnt even phase me.

Quote Originally Posted by ann32 View Post
    i just put vomit, i have diarrhea all the time, but i know its from my IBS, if it was from another situation i might freak out...BUT, I am so used to it, it doesnt even phase me.
    See, that's me too. I'm curious if fears like emet have something to do with the frequency. Perhaps if I v*ed as much as other people when they get sick, I wouldn't be afraid anymore...but I really don't want to think about that alternative! Lol.
    ~Clare <3