Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hey all,

Well its that time of year where family gets together! Im really nerved tho, my family is going to meet William (my extended family, my dad and his fiance and my bro already have met) and well Im pretty nerved cause they don't exactly approve, tho it is getting better and like dad nad bro and them are accepting it more, my bf (William) still is not popular with my aunts and uncles and grandparents. Im one of those people who really likes and wants people's approval, so naturally this is quite difficult, Im not used to standing up for myself when people are displeased with something Im doing, and especially family is tough. It really hurts to know theyre not happy about it, but I think at least with dad and my bro and mom its better. Ack!!

What is there not to be happy about? If you are happy then they should be happy for you surely? It always seems to be difficult however to please parents when it comes to the partners we choose. I guess they never think anyone is good enough for us. Hope it goes well and that you have fun together.

Hey Claire!

I know what you mean, you'd think they could be happy for me since I am happy, but oh well. I know they are concerned and just want the best for me, but maybe William isn't their version of 'best', but he is more than my version of best. Hopefully they'll be more okay when the see him and realize he is a very nice good guy.

I'm sure once your family spends some time with him, and at least tries
    to get to know him, they will see why he is so important to you.
    After all, it is Christmas. Let us know how it goes. Good luck. Carrie