Hello. I probably should have joined this forum a really really long time ago but I was too afraid of what I might read or be exposed to. I have been an emetophobe since I can remember. (At least 18 years; I'm almost 21) I never threw up as a child so I remember the first time I was sick. I used to turn light switches on and off with my elbows, I was about 25 pounds underweight(I was about 100 pounds after loosing it), I had to break up with my boyfriend because I was afraid to kiss him, I had to wear gloves everytime I went out, I would rather starve than eat too much, etc. I've been seeing a therapist for a few months and I am sooooooooooo much better. We are doing a combination of EMDR and developmental needs meeting strategy. It's been amazing. I have the fear of me being sick as well as seeing others being sick. So we began on working with my fear of myself being sick. We have succeeded because I overdosed on birth control a couple weeks ago and was sick and realized how much better it is to just be sick rather than keeping the nausea in and feeling terrible for hours on end. I did hold on for quite a few hours and then, I just knew I had to let it go and that I would feel better. And I did feel better. We realized that my fear is related to being sexually abused as child. So we are using the developmental needs meeting strategy to overcome that before continuing on to getting over watching other be sick. I am amazed at how well this has worked. Surely, it depends on the person. But at least you're not covering it up with medicine. It's completely natural and effectiveEdited by: gutterglitter