Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default The contraceptive pill/birth control.

I've been on "Dianette" the contraceptive pill for about 1 and a half years. Doctors recommend not to stay on it too long as it's a very high oestrogen pill! I went on it because I had terrible spots and it has got rid of all of them! The only trouble is, i'm getting frequent headaches now. And i'm not sure whether it is due to Diantette or not? So I want to try a different pill. I tried moving onto "microgynon" a few months ago but it gave me terrible headaches for the first few days and so I stopped taking it! What i'm really worried about is another brand of pill making me sick! So I would appreciate any advice/experiences of what pills not to take and what ones that would be okay! Thank you

Default Re: The contraceptive pill/birth control.

Also, i heard that changing your levels of hormones can make you vomit or feel sick!
    So, because Dianette is quite a high dose birth control pill, and the doctor will put me on a lower one, will that make me vomit? The change between the pills? and hormones? I'm really scared..

I've taken Microgynon, Loestrin and Marvelon.

I *think* the marvelon made me v* after I took one pill- but it was weird. I took it for months and was fine. Then took it again about a year later and v*ed the next day.

Generally they're not too risky though. If you're used to synthetic hormones then you'll be a-okay
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

I know nothing about pills, but I'm on the Nuva Ring and it works wonderful. I don't experience any N from it, and it's so easy to use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The doctor has put me on femodette! anyone tried this?

the headaches are normal with pills. if you suffer from migrains than they can set them off. i was worried about v* from taking the pill and i been taking it for bout a month now and i havnt felt sick or nothin. i take a pill for my skin called juliet. dunno how strong it is but its agreeing with me...and im pretty sure you'll be fine ! some of em come with info about what type of pill they are and if there are side effects. v* is very rare side effect...which is what mine said
    Last edited by emmalinda; 07-03-2010 at 02:05 AM.

I heard that Marvalon and Dianette are the two pills most likely to make you sick. I'm on Yasmin, but have also taken Cerazette and Microgynon 30, and not felt at all sick on any of them!

I have been on microgynon for about 12 years i have never had any problems x

I have been on microgynon for nearly 2 yrs, and the only problem i got was a really bad hormone sickness feeling,
    but luckily i am intuned with my body and can tell the difference between hormone sickness, which i can normally stop myself from v* and bug sickness which is harder to stop.. >.<
    Anyho! after about a month it went away and now im fine

I have been on microgynon for about 8 years and never suffered any problems whatsoever.