Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy High School..please help :(

I'm only 14 but ive had emetophobia since 2nd grade when i threw up at the front of the classroom.My panic attacks are really bad they last about 10 minutes and i have to keep swallowing down the vomit that rises in my throat and digging my nails into my wrist till it passes.Ive always gone to private school but this year my parents are sending me to public highschool as a freshman.I'm terrified that i'll get lost and vomit in the hallway or something.I always have to have a plan like i keep telling myself that i can go to the nurses office if i have to.I'm also really scared about P.E. does anyone have any advice? thanks alot.

Default Re: High School..please help :(

do you have any friends that will be going to that school also?

my first priority would be to maybe get a map or guide of the school and figure out my schedule and where i will be in the school at different time.......proximity to bathrooms, etc. hopefully you will have some friends around you that can help get you through a panic.....i'm a "pincher" so i know what you mean about

digging your nails in.

i don't think it's v rising in your throat.......it might be acid reflux which can be a gross feeling. i always have a bottle of water with me.....is good for reducing that acidy taste and feeling......so try that. keep things in your backpack or purse for your comfort.....maybe some ginger candy or mints....good for n. i carry enough help aids in my purse to be lost in the woods for days i think...lol.....i take cereal bars, gum, etc. also try to find a place at school where you can be alone for a few minutes if you need it.....maybe step outside or something...

i think you can do this.......high school was such a fun time for me.....i kept my mind busy so emet wouldn't have a place to stay.......

good luck
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.