Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Meg

Hey people, my little cousin wrote a post a few days ago, and most of what she said was true...except for the thing about holding my mom's hand...I dunno where that came from...but yeah, I haven't been to school in about 2 months because of the fear that I'm going to throw up. Now my mom is getting a PINS petition against me and she doesn't buy the emetophobe thing...and she makes fun of me becasue of it. I know she cares about me and just wants me to be normal, but I can't. If I continue to not go to school, eventually they may put me in a home with girls who are breaking the law, doing drugs, being violent...that's not me. I just can't bring myself to go to school...the fear is too great..what should I do? Please help me!!

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Is there any way you can get your mom to look at this site. Maybe then she will understand what you are going through. Oh, and I have no idea whata PINS petition is.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Hi Rachel ^-^ Welcome to the site. I remember Megan. I'm so sorry that you havent been able to go to school. I remember she said that you are already getting help? Is it working though? I'm sorry i dont know much. =/ Just wanted to welcome you though. There are others who could give you better advice ehehe..^^ Oh yea, if your mom doesnt believe you, like sweetfreak said let your mom look at the site. I know what you mean, my mom doesnt think its a big deal. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Edited by: wing
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Thank you so much guys! I'm gonna try 2 get my mom to check out the site. Does anyone have aol or aim? I wud love 2 talk 2 somebody going through the same thing.

Rachel

Sure! I have AIM, but due to school work i dont come on that much anymore =/ But if you want it still its LilWolfSyaochan. And a little note: I dont know how to keep a conversation that well ^-^. My communication skills need help. lol Just saying if you dont mind sometimes silence. What's your AIM?
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I just PM you, I know exactly what you are going through 100%, been there. It is hard and frustrating you will see in my emails. You can get through this, if I did anyone can!

My mom went nutts trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Yet once I was diagnosed, than things took a different turn. Go to a doctor, and get a referal. Tell the doctor everthing. Your mom can't despute that. She doesn't understand, and she may think that you are trying to pull a fast one. Keep telling the truth, and you will be validated by the doctors!!!
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

i hav AIM... my thingy-bob is in my signature.. feel free to IM me at anytime.

im sorry ur finding it difficult to get ur parnts to understand, showing them this site is a very good idea... get them to realise it is a proper known disorder which can be really debilitating!!

it'll be very wrong if u end up in one of those homes... ur not breaking the law at all... ur just emetophobic and u need proper support... hjopefully ur parnets will be more willing to giv u that when they realise ur not making nething up/exaggerating it e.t.c this is actually the 5th most common phobia!

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey rachel
    do you think you'd be able to organise a doctors appointment, for you and your mum to attend?
    my mum was also frustrated, before i persuaded her to take me to the doctors, where..like sparky, i was diagnosed. as soon as my mum heard the words "phobia" she had a lot of time for me, because she had an idea how to help.
    it's very difficult for people to understand when they don't really know what the problem *is.*
    i used to be terrified of attending school too! it gets better with time,but when people are aware of your situation and when they understand, it makes it 10x easier.
    if the dr's appointment doesn't go down well, direct her to this site, it's important that she acknowledges what is wrong.
    good luck!