Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic Tips

These are some of the things that I do to help curb and deal with a panic attack, and high anxiety. Some work better than others, but it all depends on the level of anxiety for me. Try some of these ideas.

Splash cool water on your face.

Grab onto a doorknob and squeeze as hard as you can. There is so much adrenaline going through your body, you need to get rid of it. Sometimes I will grab onto a pole on the bus and sqeeze the life out of it. Continue to do this and concentrate. Get rid of that extra energy.

Breathe deep and slow. This will help restore the oxygen levels in your body, and train your body to relax. It isn't easy, so I suggest practicing at home. Once I got the hang of it, I was so relaxed that my body melted into the chair, I felt euphoricand I fell asleep after stopping a wild panic attack. You can do this anywhere without anyone knowing too, so that's a bonus.

Jog in the spot. This works well too, but not if you are feeling dizzy. It helps to focus that energy during a panic attack.

Stop that Catastrophic thinking. If you say "So what" every single time you say "I'm going to be sick", do it over and over again, and believe it, than you are starting to break the catastrophic thinking process. 'SO WHAT!!!'

Write about it. Go mad in a journal, or on some paper. Write what you feel. Hold onto it and review what you were feeling.

Talk about it with someone you trust.Things can get pretty intense, I know. Talk, ramble, cry, laugh, yell. Get it out.

Try this link and it's breathing exercises.

http://www.authentic-breathing.com/meditation.htmEdited by: sparky2004
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

hey, thats a good idea.. fgrabbing onto a doorhandle toget rid of the adrenaline.. i was told to lash my arms/legs out but i avoid doing that because i look so stupid!! so that is a good alternative, thankyou!

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.