Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exams

Default Exams

Hi all, i'm in my last year of college and find exams very worrying, just wonder if anybody else has this? I always panic around exam time because everybody is scared about the exams, we're in a hot, stuffy exam hall which I can't just walk out of in an emergency. I've been fairly lucky in exams and my school life, i've very rarely seen anything bad, but everytime I have an exam and someone leaves to use the bathroom, i'm looking at them wondering if they've gone to be ill by the way they walk/look etc. Does anybody else get this?

Default Re: Exams

Try to relax...breath deeply and take comfort in knowing that you CAN leave if its emergent! Try not to worry about why someone else is leaving. I know its easier said than done, but dont let yourself obsess over it. I have to be firm with myself when I start doing it. Think of something else or better yet....concentrate on your exam. You will be fine. You can do it!

Corinna

Oh I can rely on most people in my school not to get sick... its me I worry about! Im sure it'll be okay though, the chances are extremely slim as exams are like an hour or 2 long and if anyone does get sick, they'll run to the bathroom, even though the odds are small... very very small... Im doing my GCSE's at the moment and Ive gotten so used to them I dont even think about it anymore! Don't worry its just like class... except everyones quieter x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the messages, I know you're right, I've never seen anyone get ill but the worry is still there! and i've done so many exams now i should realise, but i'll just be glad when it's all over. Also, on the bright side i've only got 4 exams because it's A Levels, so that's reassuring. I guess i'm just having one of those days!

Just to let everybody know, i've already had two exams and they were absolutely fine, no problems at all emet wise, although i was n* for a couple of days before hand, and found it difficult to eat etc. But lets hope the last two are the same

Glad everything has been good so far! Good luck with the rest of them!

Thanks very much It was so ridiculous though, before every exam i've been like 'I know nobody is gonna be ill, stop it' to myself, and sort of asking everyone how they feel haha