Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Ate undercooked chicken

Hello! It's been a while since I posted anything here. But today, I'm 90% sure I had undercooked chicken (quite a bit of it) unknowingly. I only became aware when my friend that was at the restaurant pointed out that the chicken looked all pink in some parts. Then I saw it and it sure did look pink and undercooked. I was too scared to check it further to see if juice was running out of it. It would have just made me feel worse. I didn't tell the waitress though, coz I was too scared of it being confirmed that it was indeed undercooked. I just didn't want confirmation, but I'm almost sure it wasnt completely done. Now I'm scared of campylobacter or salmonella poisoning.

Does everybody who consumes undercooked chicken always get food poisoning? or is it possible for some people to not get sick at all? I mean people have different bodies that don't respond to stuff the same exact way. I'm so scared. I'm also going on a trip exactly in 7 days. I might fall ill on my trip or something. The incubation periods for both campylobacter and salmonella can be as long as 10 days...

Default Re: Ate undercooked chicken

some parts of chicken look pink even when completely cooked.......so i doubt that you ate any that was raw. breastmeat especially will have pink parts when cooked........

try and relax....i'm sure you will be fine
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I remember reading about an anorexic woman, who was so desperate to lose weight, she ate heaps of raw chicken breast. She didn't get sick at all. Not all chicken is infected with salmonella, but it isn't wise to deliberately eat uncooked meat. Anyway, even when my mum cooks a chicken for 3 hours, some parts are still pink, and I don't think anybody has ever gotten ill from it. I think you'll be fine! Even if you did get fp, which I don't think you will, not all people v* from salmonella. I think the main symptom is d*. Stock up on some anti-emetics to put your mind at ease.

I don't ever remember eating chicken that didn't have some pink on it somewhere, and I never v*. I'm sure it'll be ok.

Thanks for your reassurance guys! I do however remember that one of the chicken strips had this mucusy part in it that sort of tasted like fat. Is that dangerous?

My mum cooks different chicken strips for us all the time. Some are pink, some are grey, some have fat running through them - i usually bin mine, but everybody else eats them. I don't think anyone has ever gotten fp in my house.

I've eaten pinkish looking chicken loads in my life. Well, I try not to make a habit of it, but for meat on the bone, like drumsticks and wings etc, there are often bits of darker meat which are naturally more pink, although several times I've been halfway through a piece and encountered blood!

I've not felt ill once from any of this. Obviously since becoming emet (16 years ago now, blimey) I've been far more cautious with chicken and I probably overcook it at home. But before I became emet, I would have eaten lots and lots of chicken and God knows what else without even thinking about it, as I've always had a large appetite and varied tastes.

The vast majority of people don't get ill from pink chicken, I'm quite sure of that.

I have eaten undercooked chicken before and trust me you know RIGHT AWAY. *graphic* I was up all night crying and holding in v* and chugging pepto. *end graphic* My friend had made drumsticks and they were not cooked right at all according to my dad after looking at them. She must of gotten lucky and eaten one they was cooked right. But trust me if there was anything really wrong with that chicken it wouldn't take long before you felt like absolute crap!

I hope you're feeling better though...