Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My Sister and I

I talked to my sister on the phone Wednesday night and she's been having these weird symptoms. She has bad diarrhea that is off and on, plus she's v* a lot. It's been going on like this for a few months now. I don't know what's causing her to be so sick.

But anyway, the past two days I have had really watery diarrhea. It sucks. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't feel nauseous, really, except this morning I didn't feel good. But the fact that my sister has been puking is freaking me out. Even though she lives two hours away, I still feel like I could catch it somehow--like maybe there'sa huge virus going around.

My boss has also been going #2 a lot lately anddropping deadly bombs inour one and only bathroom. [img]smileys/smilies_17.gif[/img] I don't know if it's diarrhea or not and I don't really want to know.

I just feel miserable and want solid poopy again! Ugh! I'm so scared (as usual) that this diarrhea will turn into v*! Ahh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hatethe feeling. Whenever I get diarreah, I get all panicked that it's something else. May it be somehting you ate? Do you IBS? Hmmm....I say drink lots of water and try not to worry too much about it. I know that's useless advice "try not to worry". But I'm sure you'll be okay.

I hope you and your sister AND boss are feeling better!

p.s. Has your sister gone to the doctor at all? If she's been sick for a month?

My boss had had a similar problem..shes had the runs for weeks now..no throwing up..THANK GOD..LOL...

I think it may be stress for her..but who knows.

K..dont wanna offend..or anything..I dont know how old your sis is..but is it possible shes pregnant? That just kinda poped into my head..please dont take it the wrong way

As for you...try and relax..drink a lot of liquids and maybe eat a few more carbs..breads..that kinda stuff has a tendency to solitify your poo!

good luck!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I asked Amy (my sis) if she thought she could be pregnant and she didn't think so. She thought maybe it was her water. She moved to Columbus around the same time this all started, so she switched to bottled water and still has the same symptoms. Our stepmother told her it was probably IBS, but I don't think so.

Amy had a fever and v* off and on, too, while we who have IBS don't get that. I feel rundown sometimes, but that's it. But she said she slept like 20-plus hours in the past two days. I told her to go to the doctor, but she says, "If it's just IBS, I'll wait." Grr...

Also, a few years back, she was a bulimic, so I'm thinking maybe her system has been messed up because of it. She doesn't make herself sick anymore, I don't think.

I'm more worried for her than I am for me. Whatever I have will pass I'm sure.

And my boss probably has the runs because he's on the Atkins diet and it probably messes with his system. Who knows?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HDogg,

Yea I'd tell Amy to go to the doctor, you are a caring sister to be so concerned (what sibling would't be?!?!) I know when I'm stressed out, or worried, or anxious I get the runs (ew). So that might be what's going on with you!

TAke care

<3

Wow, I hope she takes your advice and goes to the doctor. It could be something simple and fixable and she wouldnt' have to live like that. Even tho she isn't emet who wants to be sick all the time? As for you I hope your'e feeling better. You're doing so well, thinking rational and all! YAY HEATHER!!!! WHOOO~HOOO!!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I agree...you are being awesome Heather...you actually said you are more worried about her..thats a HUGE thing..at least in my eyes anyways..

It could be that he body is a little off becuase of the eating disorder....highly possible..i would convince her to go see a doc

Best of luck..i am sure you guys will all be jut fine (and I ebt you are right about your boss..come to think of it my boss whos had the runs for the past few weeks is also on the atkins!!!)
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

When My Aunties Water supply got messed up, she ended up with a bug type thing in her intestines, for months she had diarreah and some V* even after she had stopped drinking the infected water, my advice? Get her to the Dr and get tested she may have an intestinal bug she has picked up, but not one that can be transmitted to you.

The Atkins Diet is Nasssty!! Bad breath, bad stomach and mood swings. Not gonna be trying that one!!

Well done you for coping with all the poop around you lately (literally) Thats great!!!!

Louise

xx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Thanks for your kind words, y'all. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] You know just how to cheer me up!

Unfortunately, I'm on my third consecutive day of nasty diarrhea. I don't know what's going on. I never have diarrhea this long. Usually, it's a day or two at most. But I'm starting to feel pretty bad. I wonder if it's a bug? I'm not worried, because if it was a bug, and I were going to v* from it, I would have done it by now, I'm sure.

I don't think it's from stress. I'm not under any more stress than usual and no big eventscoming up or anything.

I have been eating as healthy as possible and getting the daily recommended amount of fiber (25 grams), so I don't think it's IBS. I am frustrated. I hate running to the toilet every hour or so! Ahh!

I'll keep you updated on my sister. I'm going to visit her tomorrow, so I'm hoping my bowels cooperate on the 2-hour car trip![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

BRAT diet
    Hope you are feeling better!