Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know I have deep-rooted anxiety. I have almost drowned three times in
    my life because once I get underwater, I go into panic and cant do what
    I need to do to surface like normal people. Well, I have come to the
    conclusion that i am phobic about winter roads. I live in northern
    michigan, USA, and the roads are absolutely deadly this time of year,
    particularly out of town. Im staying with my parents about 6-7 miles
    out of town, and 'up on the mountain' (not a mountain, but on a big
    hill really) anyhow, last night was the first night the roads were bad
    and my mom took me to work and my dad pickedme up. On the way home he
    went about 45 on pure ice-snow roads, I was absolutely terrified. I was
    breathing heavy, sweating, and all my muscles were tense. All the signs
    of panic. I am terrified of driving myself anywhere this time of year..
    I may have my own place again in town soon, but for now I am so scared.
    Its really unreasonable most of the time, too... I feel so
    crappy..

i know how you feel. My sister (redapple) is the same way. I am mildly bad in the car but not quite as bad as she is. She is terrrrified to wreck. It is an awful feeling, i know. She absolutely flips out. It's okay you should be more optimistic, people drive in this weather all the time. If you keep the speed down nothing really bad can happen, I mean if you're only going 35 i doubt you'll get hurt you know? I dont know if this helps, i could go on and on, let me know if you need me to! i have to calm my sis down sometimes too! lol take care!-megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I'm the same way, I live in North Dakota, (grew up near Duluth, MN - the hills!!!)and when the wind blows, it polishes the roads so they're like glass. I am the one who has to drive when it's winter if we go on a trip otherwise I get a panic attack. I'm probably the worst passenger ever, but my husband just relinquishes the drivers seat so that I am more calm. Not to say that if I'm driving I'm all calm, I don't like to drive in the snow or worse, ice. I don't know what to say except I'm here for moral support because I know exactly how you feel. It just helps me to be in control and if that means driving, maybe that's what you'll have to do too.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I hear you guys on this one. I was fine driving untill this summer - I was in a car accident. I wasn't hurt physically, but the car was beat up bad and It scared the bejeezes out of me. Now When I'm in the car I;m terrified of driving, and of being a passanger. I just don't feel I have the same control over the car as I did. The car was wrecked, and we bought a new one, and I have the hardest time driving it. I hope I get over that accident one day.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh