Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

you know, I have the worst habbit of coming to this site before I go to bed. Then i lay in bed for an hour or so all anxious and worried and can't sleep. I'm thinking maybe If I come to this site earlier in the day I might not be so anxioud at night.

I thought that might help some of you guys too. and now It's time for bed

hope it helps!

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

thats a good tip. I find that helps too. I used to be on this site (And the computer in general) and then go straight to bed. Its quite difficult to think about emet and then try to sleep as I find that it stays in my thaughts for a long time. I now watch a nice TV show or write my diary, or read. I've found it helps calm me down alot.

hey -- well i hope that idea works for you!! it sounds good bt im actually sleeping OK atm... which is something!

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeh, funnily enough..visiting this site doesn't make me anxious, which is why i make frequent visits..
    thats not to say i don't always feel comfortable with every post made, but its probably a good idea to set yourself certain times when to visit here..

If this site makes you anxious before bed, it will probably make you anxious at any time. Once you've got all the information from the site you need, and are reassured you're not alone in this world, sometimes it's actually best not to come here anymore.

Print out the information sheets about panic attacks, and treatments, and whatever else is 100% REASSURING, and refer to them when you're anxious, rather than come here.

Honestly, I think it makes a lot of people worse. - If that doesn't apply to you, great. But for some people this is a scary place.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I agree. I wasnt as phobic as I am now, then I was before coming to the site. It's like everyone here can point something out and i think, Oh my, what if that happens to me, Id better aviod it.

Sigh. It helps me to hear others are coping, but it makes me feel worse also, Im torn on whether to stay or go. maybe I will just take a break for awhile.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I can only come on this site before bed. My boyfriend and I share
    this laptop, and he has it at work all day. So at bedtime, it's
    my turn. I have actually been sleeping better since I've found
    this site. Usually I panic before bed, and end up pacing all
    night. So writing to all of you calms me down. However, if
    this is disrupting your nightly snoozing, maybe you should only go on
    during the day. You need to do what's going to work best for
    you.....Good night. Carrie[img]smileys/smilies_35.gif[/img]