Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down I want to travel but can't cause of panic =(

Hi all!

I just wanted to post here. I live in Finland and I would love to go visit my boyfriend in the States. But I can't because I panic so bad when I go somewhere where I can't get away and being on the plane is just that. The worst thing that could happen would be me throwing up and I have come close to it so many times when I panic. I can't even take Valium or anything like that cause I was addicted to them and the other day I took one single dose and have been feeling like I'm back in withdrawal since then.

So what do I do? I want to travel, I want to take a flight somewhere but I don't think that I could handle being on a plane and being so far away from home. I used to like flying a lot. I just can't accept that that's changed.

I may go to Estonia for a few days in a couple of weeks. If I panic even before getting on board the ship then I guess I'll have to pass. I hope my family will understand if it comes to that.

thanks for reading.

Tiina

Default Re: I want to travel but can't cause of panic =(

Hi Tiina,
    I've been there... I was very nervous when I decided to tour Europe a couple summers ago. The only thing I can say is to think logically about the trip... consider the actual realistic chances that you will be sick. Weigh those chances against the experience, and how much fun you will have by going. It is very unlikely that you will be sick traveling. If you don't travel, you'll regret not taking the opportunity. When you're traveling, just be very clean and you'll be fine.
    Happy travels!
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I want to travel but can't cause of panic =(

wish i could help......but i'm 58 years old and still cannot get on a plane..........it sucks...
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.