Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey guys just a quick question, i want to know how many of u who take anxiety meds have actually been helped by them, for example if u had agoraphobia has it made it better or had any effect on the phobia? im just curious, im thinkin of new things i can do to improve my life as much as possible really. also, do anti anxiety meds have the same side effects and with drawal symptoms as anti depressants? Thanx millions, Faith-Marilyn xxxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

I am on the lowest dose of paxil CR, and it helps me from worrying about things that don't need to be worried about ya know? Sort of like that constant fear. I was on a much higher dose of paxil several years ago, and boy it really helped. The only thing was, I was on such a high dose, I didn't even worry about the things that NEEDED to be worried about, which is not good. Good luck in whatever you decide! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte

I'm on the antidepressant Celexa right now, and it does the same for me that Paxil does for Charlotte. It keeps me from experiencing the highs and lows both. I take the anti-anxiety drug Ativan when needed, and it helps in the short term when I need it. You'll have to talk to your doctor to see what would help you out.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

thankyooou !!
    xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans