Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

*POSSIBLY GRAPHIC*

Well, today, when I was walking to school, I saw puddle of what looked like to be it. Actually, three different ones with the same looking stuff. I know somebody could have just dropped food, but it looked half digested (Sorry...). I did not really look at it, of course. I almost stepped in it, but, fortunately, saw it and went around it quickly. If this was really vomit (I'm almost sure it was), can I get sick? I just walked right past, but I know airborne germs (or something) can come from vomit. I did not particularly breathe it in. I know this is a stupid post.

Lizzy

I really don't know....sorry, although I would doubt it. Maybe someone else could help you with that question.

I hate seeing puddles of it, or even like yesterday I stopped at the grocery store after work and there was one random wet area that had obviously just been mopped with a wet floor sign on it. It's not llike they cleaned the entire floor. I always think the worst whenever I see something like that.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. (actually, I probably
    would, but I shouldn't) 'Tis quite unlikely you will get sick.

When I was walking to school today I sort of half stepped in a pile of
    some animal dropping. Heh, it was like the traditional shape. All swirled
    and then three little flies around it. I didn't see it, for I was trying to look
    assertive while walking through the woods... just in case there was an
    attacker.
    -Anna

Please dont call your post stupid. This is your fear and your concern and there is nothing stupid about that. This is something that is very real to us, we understand you!! That is why this website is so great!! I dont think you will catch "it" just by walking by it. Try to think positive too, maybe it really was something that was spilled.

NO you can't get it. stomach flu germs aren't airborne you have to touch something germy to get it, (i'm almost positive?)
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

No, absolutely not. You cannot get the stomach bug just by walking by v. Don't say your post is dumb...because it is actually an intelligent question. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Your post reminds me of a little incident that happened back in 1994. I was 23 (I think) and I went to the grocery store with my mom, on a nasty fall day in October.

GRAPHIC STORY BELOW!!!!!!!

Well, after about an hour and a half of shopping in the store with my mom, we came out, each pushing a cart full of bags of food. Well, I looked ahead, and right outside the store were 2 boys, about the ages of 9-10. As I turned right to go to my car, I saw "it"...Puddles of it everywhere!!! I about stepped in it coming out of the store, going to my car, in the parking lot, etc. It was nasty looking. So I turned to look at one of those boys that was by the store entrance. I noticed that he was actually laying down on the cement with his feel up on the wall. His color was VERY PALE. Then one of the store employees came out and said " I called your mom, she will be here soon". I knew this kid was sick, and man did I ever go into panic mode. Then my mom just wheels the damn cart, right through a big puddle of it. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I swore, that since I walked by all of those puddles, and by that kid...I just "knew" I was going to get sick. Well, I never got sick from it. It took me a few days to relax after that incident; for it was very traumatizing to me.

The only way to catch something off of the ground like that, is to step in it, and lick your shoe...(which no one will ever do!) [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

You will be ok. I have walked over many a puddle of v in my life, and never got sick from it. I get paranoid if I step in it. My imagination used to tell me that after it got on my shoe, I would walk in my house, and it would get on my carpet...and then I may sit on my floor and then touch my mouth?! Sounds crazy, but I totally understand your fear... and you are not wierd!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]LOL! Charlotte

our stomachs have strong acid in them which kill bacteria so im pretty sure that you cant catch anything from being near it because firstly, as said above, the germs arnt airborne, and secondly the acid in the stomach of the person that was sick would probably have killed any germs.