Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared

This is probably going to sound really stupid but i am really scared i may have given myself food poisoning from a microwave meal. I had one of those chicken roast dinner ones, and followed the instructions cooking it, I ate the vegetables and they were fine, but then when i ate the chicken it wasn't what i would call 'piping hot' and now im scared i didnt heat it right and it could make me ill. My mum said i would be fine as the chicken would have already been cooked before it was frozen, but they must write 'always serve piping hot' on the box for a reason and mine wasn't.

Sorry if this is really random, i am under so much pressure right now and can feel myself cracking at the slightest little thing.

Does anyone know if its possible to get food poisoning from microwave meals. Im so bad with food at the moment that i go shopping every day to buy frozen food as im too scared it will defrost on the way home and will refreeze and it says not to refreeze stuff so i buy everything when i need it and cook it straight away. I never buy fresh meat as im too worried i wont cook it enough, so thought that i would be ok with microwave meat, which generally tastes awful but the chicken breast roast is ok.

sorry this is probably really trivial. Me, tiredness, illness (i have mumps) and being stressed really do not mix and i end up like this being really irrational. My ocd concerning germs is also terrible at the moment so im not coping to good [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Chicken is always precooked in frozen dinners. Companies wouldn't risk lawsuits like that. They say serve piping hot because it tastes better. At least I think extremely hot food tastes better than luke warm. No need to worry!

Lauren

Don't worry, I just had one like that tonight and it didn't get cooked good enough either (it's been in the freezer a long time and it was frosty) those meals are so protected there is no way you can get food poisoning. Relax

AGREED!
    don't worry about i promise. I grew up on those things and never got sick from one. (knock on wood)

no they are definitely pre cooked and you can't get food poisoning.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

hiya i used to be a cook and have taken courses on food hygene. Microwave meals are prepared by the company by cooking them then freezing them immediatly to stop bacteria regrowing in the food so they are pretty safe. If you are unsure in the future about food being hot enough buy yourself a thermometer and probe the centre of the meal before eating and if it is over 75 degrees C its ok. You can also buy probe wipes which kill germs on the thermometer between uses. i wouldnt worry too much about this because i practically live of froven meals (im a student and dont have much time between finishing college and starting work) and they have never made me ill.

You don't have anything to worry about. They always precook the chicken in microwave meals. I have had that sometimes. I understand your cause for concern, as I have experienced the same thing, but give your stomach some credit sweety. The acid in your stomach can destroy many things.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>