Hey everybody,

I have to be the reigning queen of procrastination!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]Not something I am proudof AT ALL, however, it's the truth. When I get a paper or a test, I will wait till the night before to write the paper or to study. I have it set in my mind somehow that working on it beforehand won't make the finished product good enough.I feel that doing it at the last minute and waiting until everything is just perfect (which I don't understand myself, because how can the last minute be perfect and make the product better?) will make things somehow better. I have this false belief that if things aren't perfect, (which somehow in my belief is the lastminute)then I can't make my work perfect. (Did I mention I am a perfectionist? [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]) This in turn causes SOOOOO much stress on my part, because sometimes I am cramming for a test up until 3:00 a.m. the night before when I have a 9:00 class, or I am up until 4:00 a.m. working my keister off on a paper. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I don't know if this is an OCD thought, the whole "working at the last minute will make things better or more perfect, and if I work before, it won't be good enough," or if I am just down right a lazy bum?? I honestly dont' know. When I read over what Ijust wrote,actually, it sounds like the stupidest thing I have ever read, and I sound like suchan idiot!!! I mean, this whole stress is self-inflicted!! I just NEVER learn my lesson!! NEVER!! For example, this weekend I have a rough draft on my research paper over Euthanasia to do, a synthesis essay (which I managed to get an extension on), and a psychology test to study for. I can't tell you HOW MANY times I've been in the same situation!!! I just NEVER EVER change my behaviors!!!! I know exactly what is going to happen this weekend, the same thing that always happens. I am going to be so overwhelmed with all of this work that I will start crying and have panic attacks over pressure of finishing it on time, andsleep my worries awaywhich wastes time!!!!! Again, I do this to myself!!!!!!!!! How sick and awful does that sound? [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I guess the point of my post is, does anyone know a way I can get past these false beliefs or this downright laziness and just get to work??? Ialways end up doing well on my papers and tests, hell, I'm on Dean's List,but my dad always says: "at what cost, Neha?" And he's right!! It really takes a toll on me. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

GRRRRRRRRRRR.....Just so angry with myself right now!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]I sound like a fool in this post, and I probably am one for doing this to myself over and over again and still not learning my lesson!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Thanks for listening to me vent!!!!Edited by: NCsmile6