Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

okay this post is gross, Im sorry. STop reading if gross stuff bothers you.

does anyone else ever have little hard puss thingies that come up the back of your throat? they smell worse than death and are so yucky. I dont know what they are.... I get them once every blue moon or so. Idont want to deal with spitting them out usually so I try to eat something to push them down. does anyone know if this is okay or if I should get checked out? I feel healthy otherwise, this has been going on for a few years. Ive had tonsil problems ever since i was a kid.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

OMG OMG OMG OMG, I know exactly what you're talking about. My best friend in high school used to cough those hard things up all the time, and I used to get so grossed out and tell her something was totally wrong with her... but she was never sick or anything... so it wasn't anything I guess. But then like three months ago, I was playing mini golf with some friends, and suddenly, I coughed and one of those hardened puss things came up! I was like WTF is this... I thought it was like food or something. But then I smelled it OMG it is SO disgusting. I was excited to tell her that I had that happen to me, but at the same time, I was totally grossed out. I don't think its a big deal, I just think its puss from inside your throat. If you don't have any other symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. I think its just a natural process of some kind. Haha I'm so glad that more people than just my friend from high school and I have this happen to us! [img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOLOLOL!!!! OMG! I am not laughing at you...I just want to tell you that I am QUEEN OF TONSIL BALLS!!! (that is my name for them) Man they stink! Their "correct" names are tonsillyths.

What they really are, are a mixture (gross) of bacteria, mucous, and food particles that hide in the crypts of your tonsils. Sometimes I bring up some big ones, wondering how on earth I didn't feel them! They smell like death, (or poop) and are ugly. LOL!

Anyways, your are not alone with this problem. I will be back...gonna get some links to show ya!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Charlotte

Forgot to tell you, that Tonsil Stones is another name for them too! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Here...this one has it's own web address...LOLOL!!! http://www.tonsilstones.com/

Then there is this one... http://www.therabreath.com/art_tonsi...p?source=over& amp;kw=32a&p=no

and lastly... http://www.infomercialworld.biz/content/How-To-Pre.htm

There are tons more sites that you can find just by going to either google or yahoo search engine,and typing in "tonsil stones". I spelled the other medical name wrong by the way...lol. (tonsillyths) Hope this helps ya! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Charlotte

OMG, there is a name for those googly globs? How vile! I knew they were puss and bacteria... but postnasal drip and food? Yucko! I want to have my tonsils removed anyways... they always bug me because they are naturally HUGE... my dentists have made comments. Sometimes when I'm laying down on my back, I can feel them touching the back of my throat. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

xoxo

Allie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Woah! Okay I NEVER heard of little globs coming up your throat! My gawd how vile!! HELLO FROM OUTER SPACE!!

Does everyone get them because I for one have never ever had them that I'm aware of...wow ok something to keep in mind!

And todays forcast..."Little meteroids may be floating up and down one's throat!!"

Yuck...

lol you guys are so funny., thats exactly how i picture them, little globs from outerspace.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

oh man, thank god.. i thought it was me not chewing properly..
    tonsillyths?! they're disgusting aren't they!?
    Yeh, i get those, sadly.. but i usually removed them with my toothbruth because im convinced it's food..ugh, they're so so gross!

LOL...HAHAHAHAHA, you guys crack me up!!

So, yeah, *sigh*...I have to dig them stinkers out with a q-tip sometimes! Man are they nasty!

I remember when I was in labor just over a year ago, and hacked one of them babies up while I was pushing, and it flew out of my mouth. Talk about embarassing!!! Those things can put an eye out if your not careful!! LOLOLOL!!!!

We should have a tonsillyth, or tonsil stone support group! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Charlotte

Ha!!! Litterally aman made weapon!!

lmao- during labour?
    oh dear god, im sorry but that sounds hysterical..iv often coughed one up in class and that was bad enough, but for it to fly out.. *giggles* sorry!

OMG!! I sometimes get those! I used to think my tonsils were rotting out. There are TERRIBLE! You are TOTALLY NOT ALONE!

Nicole

I've had this problem before. They are actually toxins that are coming out. Either you're eating really really unhealthily or you have made a change in your diet for the better and your body is pushing the old toxins out. I know. I hate those things. The worst is when you cough them up in public and you can't spit them out. Of course some people are crude enough to do that; I wouldn't. It's terrible. Yucky. If you have a ton constantly coming out, then it could be tonsilitis or strep throat.

UGH!!! I HATE, HATE, HATE those things BLEH [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

It's just where food particles and such get stuck in the crevaces of your tonsils. I have some rather large grooves in mine and get them ocasionally. Heck... I've thought of getting my tonsils cut out before just to get rid of sore throats and THOSE nasty things!

They are so gross.... getting kinda gaggy just sitting here thinking about them... EW!

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

i have these, they are horrible, i have had them constantly since i was 17 and now im 20

Okay, why am I like the only one who hasn't had these! I'm even more abnormarl then I thought I was lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine16
    Okay, why am I like the only one who hasn't had these! I'm even more abnormarl then I thought I was lol!!!
    you've probably had them before but thought it was just food that was stuck in your throat and forgot about it.

do they look like lil chunks of apple?

Actually, they look more like hard cottage cheese.

sunshine16, you aren't alone! I have also never had one, at least not to my knowledge. They sound creepy, though o.0

OMG... in the middle of the night last night, a bunch of these disgusting things started getting caught in the back of my throat... out of a deep sleep I woke up and coughed, then spit them all into my hand. There were like three of them at once!! I was so grossed out. But I was so exhausted that I just fell back to sleep. I want my doctor to take my tonsils out. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

xoxo

Allie

This post makes me laugh! I for one have never had them, but I had a couple friends in high school who did, too! They called them brains!!! And, they said how awful they smelled!! How funny!!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Them stinky things are what got me in trouble with my throat hurting in the first place!!! I was digging them out with a Q-tip the night before last, and made my left tonsil bleed, and woke up with the red, painful throat yesterday morning! Believe it or not...I am feeling better today!!! I think I learned my lesson now! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

OMG!! I've had that happen to me a few times in the past, and I know a couple other people who it's happened to. For me, it happened when I would cough and this ugly, gross smelling thing came flying out of my mouth. It was so gross. I guess it is common.

omg iv had them too! i even had a panic attack once when i felt one in the back of my throat and actually thought i was about to V*. i get them occasionally, and quite bad when i get tonsilitis.

Allie cat do you get severe tonsilitis regulary? if not then its probably best not to have your tonsils removed, they dont do it very often in he uk any more. The reason being is that your tonsils are part of your immune system and are kinda the first line of defence against infection etc. They prevent infection going further into your body

YEP I have been dealing with those for years I have learned to know how
    and when to clean them out before they surprise me. I
    learned how to push on my tonsils and get them out. You have to
    be careful though you can make you tonsils bleed. I went to the
    dentist to get my teeth pulled and they gave me a plastic syringe to
    keep the sockets clean. I use it to clean my tonsils out. I fill it
    with warm water and spray it where the tonsil stones get caught after I
    have already pushed most of them out. I don't have a sensitive
    gag reflex so I am ok with doing this. This is not professional
    advice this is just how I learned how to deal with those nasty things.

:S i cant even touch the gums around my back teeth without feeling like im going to heave :S

Same here, holly. I have an incredible gag reflex! I can't even do those fluoride trays at the dentist! They have to paint the stuff on my teeth. I can hardly do xrays and I had to get a special tool to floss because I can't put my fingers that far back in my mouth. My little sister can touch her uvula... that's that thingie that hangs in the back of your mouth/throat... without choking. I'm like WTF. Who blessed you with no gag reflex!?

xoxo

Allie