Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all, just in a bit of a quandry following on from my bad stomach yesterday (see previous thread). I have been invited to a friends house tomorrow for tea when she is planning to cook a pizza and Christmas pudding. As you will probably be yourselves, I am wary of eating anything big once I've had a bout of stomach ache and the runs but I don't want to offend her by not eating anything. Should I ring her, tell her I've not been well and ask if I can just have toast or something?

This is the trouble with being emet and being invited out for meals when you feel you can't eat it.

I don't see why you can't ask for something plain, especially if you tell her today, thereby giving her plenty of advance warning so it's not like you turn up after she's cooked it and say you don't want to eat it.I wouldn't mind if a friend of mine said that to me, especially if I knew that she had a phobia like this and I knew the affect that a stomach upset would have had on her anxiety levels.

Take care, have a good time and try not to worry too much about it x