Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default 2nd Job Opportunity and very nervous

So. I already know what you guys are going to say. That I should go for it and be brave and all that. I know I should but.....Ok. I'm looking to get a second job because my boyfriend is in college right now and we both are working part time and we just don't have enough money to live. We're barely squeaking by by borrowing money from our parents to pay bills. This irritates me because I'm 23 now (so is he) and I don't want to have to keep asking my parents who live across the state from us for money. So. I've been looking for a second job that won't interfere with my current job and today I found one.

But it's a receptionist for a doctors office. I don't know what kind of doctors office it is because it's a Labor Dept. listing and they didn't put the business name. The shift they are hiring for is perfect timing for my current job and it's only 3 hours a day. I'm very confident I could get the job. But I'm sooooooooo nervous about it being in a doctors office. I don't want to have an episode at a work place because someone came in and was sick. I'm not really a germ-phobe but I just don't want to be around people who are sick to their stomach. And if I am, I'm scared I won't be able to help or I'll mess up and get fired.

Do you guys think that working in a doctors office will help with emet because I have to deal with it or do you think it will make it worse?

I'm so scared to even turn in the application and my resume but I'm going to force myself to. I really need this job.

Default Re: 2nd Job Opportunity and very nervous

Well, I just made myself feel a little better right after posting this. I realized on the job listing there was a fax number so I googled it and found out it's a Chiropractic office, not like a clinic doctors office.

Do people v* at a chiropractor? I've never been to one...

Still kinda nervous about it...what if people do v* there?

lucky you......go for it
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree, go for it. I don't think many people if any at all would be ill at a chiropractic. If they're ill that day or before it I would imagine they'd cancel or reschedule their appointment and go to a clinic. Plus after reading your last thread, this type of environment *may* be the type of self exposure you were looking for? I hope for the best for you and good luck during the interview. xox

i go to a chiro all the time...they are the best places to work...people who go get adjusted are actually more healthy...so the answer to your question is no they don't there. Most Drs. offices dont have people throwing up in them...bc most stomach things are so short...they normally just call the Dr. I hve never seen someone sick waiting in the drs. office...now in the ER, yes, but not the Drs. office...But GO FOR IT...I love getting adjusted, I do it 3 times aweek...It helps so much!