Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: work party

Today is our work Christmas party, and it's one where everyone brings something to eat and we sort of graze all day long. Here's the thing: I'm super afraid to eat some of the people's things, but not everyone's. Does anyone else do the same thing? It's not that anyone is unclean or anything, I just have this apprehension of eating some of the things. There are a total of 23 of us in the engineering department, and I have about 5 of them I am close to and that I trust, and I feel like I can eat what they brought, but everyone else, I'm really afraid. This should be so fun, but it's just a source of stress for me. I HATE this, I need to get cured..... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hey

I know exactly how you feel, i do that all the time, although i dont really trust anything anyone else has done, except for my mum or dad. Parties at this time are a nightmare for me and i tend to only eat prewrapped stuff that noone could have touched. i wont eat crisps out of a bowl in case someone has touched them which is really stupid. I help at brownies and we always have a christmas party and i wont touch anything any of the kids may have touched. Its a nightmare because i cant enjoy myself. i sit there with an empty plate while everyone else is stuffing themselves.

sorry this post doesnt offer any advice, just thought u might like to know ur not the only one

Thanks Nicki. We just ate, and I had what I brought and some veggies that my coworker brought. I had the chips I brought because I was the one who opened the bag, so now that everyone else has had their grubby hands in there, I'm done. I wish I could enjoy myself.....

I just made an appointment with a new therapist, so we'll see if she can help me out, just in time for Christmas.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11