Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: chicago

Default chicago

are there any people on here living in chicago? i really want to meet some peoplelike. ive been searching for emetophobia support groups but i guess they dont exist. if youre in chicago, lets do lunch....or no eating hah just drink decaf or something lol

Default Re: chicago

i meant people like me***

Hey there...I live in Plainfield, and have searched like mad for a support group in the area...no luck. (I'm so glad to have found this site.) Wanna start a group?

I'm in!!! I live north of Chicago (Grayslake area), but I am happy to meet up anywhere in the area!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

definitely! i am ready to kick this phobia..i dont know where plainfield is exactly..im in downtown chicago, i know it might be kind of far. i would be so happy if we could organize something!

awesomeee im so glad i found some people! i dont know how to go about this, ive never been to a support group meeting before i dont know how they work. i wish we could find like a recovered person in the area who would help us out too. or maybe we can attend ocd/anxiety meetings together! ive been wanting to go but im too shy and scared

Hey all..
    I live in the Chicago area too...around the Elgin area!

Yay! So there's a lil' handful of us, at least!

Maybe we could set up a meeting just to meet each other and then decide if we want to do it regularly?

yeah for sure...i dunno when and where is good for you guys...it seems like we live scattered all over...i just moved to chicago so i dont really know the best place to meet but im willing to go wherever that can be reached by public trans since i dont have a car..im free usually in the mornings too

Hmm, yeah, Plainfield is quite west and...south, I believe? Elgin is also west, but more north? I am not entirely sure. I am north, but close to 94 and can drive to meet you all anywhere. I have a lot more free time in the summer because I am a teacher!

so how should we go about this? im totally down for meeting....where though? would downtown work for you guys or is there somewhere better?

Downtown is fine with me, not sure about the others.

That would be fine with me, too...I can get there in about 25-35 minutes if the traffic is good. (Sorry for the late reply!)

awesome!!! im so excited! so now we have to decide on a date....how bout sunday july 18 or something? i dunno just a random date...i dont know what works for you guys

I am helping at a food bank in Waukegan that day at 5:30pm. As long as it's earlier, I could do it.

HEY! I'm Sam! I live right downtown Chicago! Id love to maybe get a group together sometime to talk or maybe grab a bit to eat or something!

Hey Sam!
    Okay all--I am out of town on the 18th...and then I leave again from the 23rd-27th. But please don't plan around me...I'll just catchya the next time.

i just pulled that date off the top of my head...anytime works for me really...i mean i work but its always random so its hard to say what day for sure but...usually sundays i am free...
    but if the 18th works then we can definitely plan something like around 130 at the water tower (not the mall) and we can go from there....maybe the beach or something.