Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: I need advice about not panicking when I travel

yes, you do need to do this......you will be so glad that you did! does your bf know about your emet? i would take plenty of distractions for the train ride....maybe a portable dvd player and some movies......crossword, or word game books, magazines.........

have you ever used dramamine? i use it for road trips......sometimes it even puts me to sleep......

i always feel better if i know where the restrooms are.....though i rarely ever use them.......

go have fun and tell us all about it!!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I need advice about not panicking when I travel

Hi,
    Yeah boyfriend knows about it and he's lovely about it and always supportive, so that offers a lot of comfort. No I haven't tried dramamine, the only problem with taking drugs to deal with it is that I suffer from mild epilepsy and am on meds to control that, so anti-anxiety things and other medications can mess with the dose or don't mix with it well..also i'd rather do it drug-free if possibly just so that i'm not relying on chemicals to control it, i'd rather learn to deal with the effects myself if possible.

I do occasionally take these herbal pills called Kalms, you may have heard of them, they just chill you out a bit so that you're slightly more relaxed and less likely to panic. I'm planning to bring lots with me so that I can take them if need be and calm down,

On a good day in terms of my anxiety, I really want to go on holiday and am really excited, and today happens to be a good day so feel a bit better about it..but I never know when the worries are going to hit..some days it just happens and all I can think about is the panic, but hopefully when I'm on that train and there's no turning back I might feel better because the apprehension is gone and I'm actually doing the thing..

Thanks for the advice