Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default i hate this phobia!!

i thought i was doing a little better...ive decided to stop going on public trans for a little while after almost walking in vomit on the floor the pther day. but now i think if i continue to avoid public trans, im going to end up having a phobia of it too....im just getting worse and worse...what do you guys think? and then i bought a jar of salsa from trader joes and the lid didnt pop so i freaked out. but then i was like ok comeon stop being paranoid so i ate some anyway. and then i really started freaking out and ended up returning it. but i dont know how long it had been sitting on the shelf opened like that...do you think ill be sick? i ate just a little bit and it look and tasted fine..now i have a new jar that made a loud popping noise when i opened it....ughhhh helpppp

Default Re: i hate this phobia!!

I'm not a big fan of public transport either. Earlier this month (until I changed job locations) I was paying $12 a day for parking rather than taking the subway/metro because it gives me nausea.

I hope the salsa thing turns out ok

I used to get funny travelling on the London underground (which believe me is extremely filthy!) - I used to hold a scarf (whatever the weather) over my face but mosts bugs/v*'s are not airbourne and it is mainly hygiene - everytime I get into work - before I do or touch anything I make sure I wash my hands - try to remember for public transport that hygiene is the main key! I look at people eating etc on the tube - all these people standing around them and very close - but they seem okay - not something I would do though phobia or not - yuk I know what you mean about lids popping - I think you will be fine as you only had some - it was probably okay but in your mind it was 100 times worse - we all do it so don't worry about it - at least you got a nice new one!!

i got cottage cheese last week and the inside seal was wide open......i threw it away.......but it's dairy and can spoil pretty quickly.....i think the salsa would be fine

i hope you get back on public transport quickly.......the long you take a break the harder it's going to be......figure the hundreds of times you've been on it with no one was sick......chances are really low.....but if you avoid it .....the fear will get bigger in your mind........go for it.....please
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i know you're right about the fear growing bigger...i can feel it getting worse already. i have no idea why this phobia has suddenly taken over my entire body and mind........i need help and no one takes me seriously, not even my mom