Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Night Time??

Default Night Time??

can someone please help me understand why my fear is so much stronger at night time??

Default Re: Night Time??

i feel the same exact way i feel like more scared ill throw up and cant wait for day time especially when im somewwere else i can never get to sleep because its night time and im scared ill vomit

belive nothing-buddha

srry bout tht thought tht was a quote

I'm the same way!! I can never sleep p
    out cuz oF my emet. My throat tightens which makes me nevous and I get nauseous!

I'm more scared at night too. I can't really figure out why. Maybe because people are more likely to get sick at night...? It makes my nights really rough though. Maybe that's why I stay up all night and sleep all day...

Well, I'm with you guys. I think it's because if we do v, everyone who can help us, be there to calm us down, etc, is asleep. Hospitals are closed, etc. The world is dead, essentially. It's like we're all alone going through a traumatic event. At least that's what it is for me. Hope this helps.

My panic is usually much worse at night as well. I agree with Mrs. Bloom, for me it feels like I am all alone dealing with the panic and I feel sort of trapped. I've noticed that all fears/stresses tend to be worse at night though, probably also because your mind is idle at night. I've found that listening to a guided relaxation on my ipod while I fall asleep REALLY helps. I have a whole bunch of different ones and its just a soothing voice telling you to relax different parts of your body, imagine your muscles loosening, etc. I actually look forward to night time most of the time now that I have these to listen to. Let me know if that sounds like something you might want to try and I can tell you which ones I've found helpful.

I'm the exact same way! Whenever I have been sick, it has always been at night, and has led to a few of the worst nights of my life. It's worse too because you're tired and you want to sleep, but just can't settle down for fear you'll be sick. Nights can be so long when you're n*!