Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Quick question!

Default Quick question!

Ok, so I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and I'm going by train. Bit panicky about long distance journeys especially on public transport..haven't done this for years. Just trying to prep myself before I go and make sure I take loads of measures to keep myself feeling calm on the journey and while I'm there.
    Somebody mentioned taking anti-nausea wrist bands? I know these are for travel sickness etc, but do you think they will help with panicky n*? Just because I usually get panicky on long journeys, which makes me feel ill, which makes me panic even more! Does anybody know if these will help with this?

Default Re: Quick question!

They won't help with anxiety, but you could take some anxiety medicine in combination with them. Also something to make your drowsy (so you can sleep during a lot of the travel) would be good too.

Thanks, I thought as much. Just wondered if they would help anxiety induced nausea. Also, unfortunately I can't take anxiety medication as I am epileptic and on medication for that which does not mix well with anxiety medication so that's not an option.

Ativan (lorazepam) is a great tranquilizer and it's also an anti-seizure medicine. I would ask your doctor about it just to be sure. It's awesome for temporary anxiety.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm originally from Fort Worth, TX, but right now I live in Columbia, Missouri (for college.)

I bet those sea bands WOULD help with any type of nausea. They even recommend them to pregnant women with morning sickness.