Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Avoid Resturant Salsa!

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/21975

Just thought y'all would be interested in this! I saw the article and everything and I wanted to inform you guys! I eat out a lot since my emet has gotten TONS better but this sort of thing is something I want to know! Hope you feel informed too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Default Re: Avoid Resturant Salsa!

Wow! Thanks for sharing this! I don't usually eat salsa from restaurants but those are some shocking numbers. 30% caused by inappropriate storage and 20% caused by food workers!?! That's absolutely disgusting. People with poor hygienic habits should not be allowed to work in food service >.<

I looovve salsa though

I Know how you feel SteveR! I LOVE GUAC! OMG! Now I am afraid to even order something with Avacado on it! I was out tonight and wanted a burger with avacado on it but my emet wouldn't let me! Le sigh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

The only place I eat salsa from is Chipotle, and I'm not too concerned since they make their guac fresh every day.

Thanks for the heads up though!

You may find these links helpful!

Eeew!

A slice of avocado wouldn't be risky though would it? That has to be fresh - otherwise it goes quite obviously brown!

Glad to know about this though. I wouldn't have thought of it xxx

I love salsa and will NEVER stop eating it. Restaurant stuff is good, and my mom makes a really good restaurant style sauce, with habañeros in it.

MMMMMM..... SALSA!

Thanks for posting that!

I was soooo bummed when I heard that on the news! I LOVE chips and Salsa! Chili's Salsa is my favvv! haha. Actually, I was a Mexican restaurant this past weekend I devoured the chips and salsa...and then I was like "oh CRAP! I shouldnt be eating this!!!" haha
    "This too shall pass"

That's disgusting! 30% and 20% thats too high. Actually I did get bad d* from guacamole and I haven't eaten it since, well it was either guacamole or a smoothie from Dunkin Donuts, or both. Still ewwww
    That happens sometimes, it's life. It happens, there's nothing you can do to stop it. Life just happens.

is it jarred salsa too? bc I made fajitas tonight, had my own fresh guac and jarred salsa...now im kind of worried.

Gross gross gross. But had i not known about this i still wouldve been eating salsa and guac, 2 of my fave foods... so im not going to stop eating it bc of this. and Ive nvr been sick before so y now? This is my twisted way of convincing myself.

Thanks for sharing though! I will always think of you wen i eat salsa!
    "Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon everything's different."