Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Year?

Just wondered what you guys do at new yer? i dont really like going out and is it just me but i always find new years celebrations a really big let down...?

And do people find that january and febuary are just really depressing months? grrr i dread the new year. but im gonna try and be positive - and u can all join me in my next post.... [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

ems xx

yeah...i'm not a big partier..everybody always has a blast on new years and i'm always just sort like "eh"

i always go out but yes it is normally a let down. I have had a blast on new years before but not lately.

yes january is such a blahhhhhhhhhhh month i agree!
    [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

maybe i'll send you some funny e-mails in jan and feb. to keep you laughing a bit loltake care
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

My husband and I aren't partiers, we usually go and see a movie. That's about it, or stay at home and build a fire and watch a DVD. It's always uneventful, but I'm really not into it, so I don't mind.

The entire winter where I live is depressing, it is dark all the time and super cold. I live for spring!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I'm definitely not a partier either so I don't do much of anything. I do try to stay up till midnight but sometimes don't even make that! Gee, I'm 32 and sound like I'm 80 [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]! Oh well, I don't care, I have fun just not on those normal party nights.

Vikki

I never seem to have fun on new years. This year will be me and
    my cat and the tv. I have decided to stay in this year. My
    bf will go out, bf he will be at my brother's new years party. So
    that's ok. I dislike the drunks!! As for January and
    Feb...I dread those months. All the bugs I've ever had were in
    January. So I always hate that month.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Carrie

Wow....reality just slapped me in the face! I HATE JANUARY AND FEBRUARY and those months are fast approaching!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]As far as New Years....I find it depressing. I have never gone out to celebrate. I always stay home with the kids and husband and watch the ball drop at Times Square...yay. BOOORRRING!

It seems like every New Years eve I can think back to, either my kids were sick, or it was so cold, gloomy, and depressing. *Sigh*...maybe we should all make a group effort to do something different this year, to make our memories of New Years better??? Just an idea. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte

Sometimes we like to have a party at our house and sometimes we like to go out. I think this year we're going out. We're in FL now, so it won't be too cold and depressing out. That's why we moved here b/c of the depressing gray skies and cold weather back in Indiana. It really makes a difference with my anxiety. I go out and do more things. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i nevr do NETHING for new years.......

bleh

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ahh guys - maybe we should have an online new years party and meet up in the chat or something!! altho i prob will end up going out. i just try and avoid going to the toliet around 12 ish...

LOL...ejb199...do you avoid going to the toilet around 12ish because the old saying goes "What you do at midnight on New Years Eve is what you will be doing all year"? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte

hehe! i never heard that before! but YES actually!

no the real reason is just coz by that time most people have gone over the top and start doing the dreaded. one year i was at a pub (big mistake) and some idiot had been sick all in the sink as u walked into the toilets...nice - so i couldnt use the loo all evening!!

heh can u imagine that... the clock strikes 12 and you are so pissed out of ur face uv got the head down the loo... wow what a way to celebrate new years...

sorry people lol..

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is the anticipation leading up to Christmas morning, then the gifts areopen, you have family dinners! Christmas is gone in a matter of minutes!Then comes New Year's Celebrations and people go out drink and be merry, many wake up with hangover's. Then it is January 2nd. And the months drag on and on. I don't go out for New Years, haven't in a very long time. It will only be me and my son.

hehe - yeah but so many people will be seeing the new year in with their heads down the toilet!! mingin!

so i have a dilemma - i was gonna be spending new year just with jon at our local metal hangout. but last night our freinds invited us to go to a boat party somewhere near Barnstaple...so now not only will i be out on new years eve but out on a boat....doh [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] but i think im gonna go coz a) its fancy dress, b) the boat doesnt move and c) if anyone is sick then i can just leave and d) i wont be getting sick coz of drinking too much! so i think we will go - i think it will be fun!!!