Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Remember me?

Hello again everyone... and for those of you newbies who don't know me, I'm Zach, a 20yr old emet from the US. I don't know if you all remember, but a LONG time ago I posted something about my opportunity to studymusic for a semester in Vienna. At the time, I was very worried about going, because of my emet. My biggest concern was the flight over there. I wasn't particularly concerned about myself getting sick or the plane crashing or anything like that.... but I was afraid of someone near me getting sick. Anyway... I ended up going, and had the time of my life!! I even had some close run-ins with vomit, but I made it through. I now have a girlfriend who is really supportive and understanding of my fear, and she has helped me a lot. In fact, I was eating at a restaurant/bar once, and some drunk teenager started vomiting a few tables behind me. We were sitting outside, so that helped... I could hear it happening, and asked my girlfriend "what's going on?" even though I knew what was going on. She said, "nothing, but don't turn around" Hmm... I knew what was going on, but I took her advice not to turn around, and decided to hold my ears to block the sound. Anyway, it ended, the drunkies left, and I was even able to finish my meal!! I was so proud of myself, and so was my girlfriend.

Anyway, enough about the bad experiences, because there were SO many good experiences too.... way too many to list here. This was a huge leap for me. I hope that if any of you get the opportunity to do something amazing, don't pass it up because of your phobia. Trust me... it's worth it in the end.

Sharing success,
    <Zach>
    Edited by: symphonicfaith
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

I am jealous..hah..that is so awesome. Congrats on everything going on in your life. It seems all is going well. Awesome-ness
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Hey I remember you! Congrats on your wonderful time, and very good dealing with the drunk teen! You sound like you are doing very well! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Congratulations on such a huge triumph Zach! Thanks for sharing with us, it's nice to hear some good news!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Wow!!! Congradulations! You are good example of someone mustering enough strength and courage to fight your fear and go straight for the win.

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Nice to meet you and congtrats on you accomplishments! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Charlotte

ooo i remember this!!!!!!!!!!

thats GREAT!!! im SO glad you got thru tht OK!!!!! welldone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well done Zach!!!! It is great to have positive posts from members we haven't heard from in a while.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Zach ........... so glad you went on your trip and so glad that you have a girlfriend that is so understanding of your emet. I dont know how I would deal with it if my husband was an emet too. Thats so great that your g/f can handle things like she does. SHE is the kind of person that an emet. needs. (Especially if you are talking about a long term relationship or marriage.)

as 20 yr old college students as well, my sister and i are confronted with some of the same opportunities and fears. It's wonderful to meet you and I'm very proud of your bravery. CONGRATULATIONS

beth[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.