Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: not sick

Most of the time when I'm having trouble I'm actually not feeling that bad, but I still think I'm sick for some reason. It's like I'm always acting like I've come down with something, even though I haven't had so much as a cold in over a year.

It really sucks, thinking you're sick every day. I have to get off my ass and do things but I can't seem to do that like this. I wonder if there's a way to get rid of that kind of thinking? Perhaps it's a larger issue than just emetophobia; I think I might be phobic of any possible illness.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

I feel exactly the same way. I don't know what to do.

i think i feel sick all the time too! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]I'm not sure why.... it's so annoying though [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

yeah i always feel lke im coming down with something... i feel sick almost all day every day. i think it is a HUGE Part of emetophobia.

i dont know how u can get rid of that feeling, other than distract urself adn tell urself ur fine, thers no reason for u to not be,.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

that is something to wonder about, maybe there's more to your phobia that you realize. you may be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder, where you kind of worry all the time about small things. I'm not a doctor but any means but I've done a bit of studying on pyschological disorders.

in any case, doesn't hurt to get checked out!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I always think I'm sick in one way or another. If I have a bump that wasn't there yesterday I start thinking I'm going to v*. If my side hurts I think I have an appendicitis and I worry I'll v* from that. It's a never ending cycle....seriously.

Everyday I wake up I'm worrying about v*ing. I never have a moments peace from this hell. Makes me wonder what is the point in living if I have to live everyday in fear? Hopefully I have a purpose. LOL [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I have a lot in common with mystikal star, in that (along with the regular everyday fear)I fear I will v* from any new ailment. Even something as simple as an ache in my knee can make me think that. It'sa very vicious cycle... and I wish I knew what to say to help, but I don't. All I can say is that I really and truly understand... just try and work through it.

-Zach-
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

"you may be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder, where you kind of worry all the time about small things."

well.....yeah I knew that, but I just focus on illness and accidents mainly. Like even if I get a sore throat I freak out now. I do have generalized anxiety disorder, but it didn't usually behave like this.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

YUP i know what u all mean!!

once, my teeth started hurting, and i thort " god what if i v*"

if i just hav a simple cold, i always think "god what if i v*"

i have tht quesiton on the tip of my tongue, every single day, all day.

oh well. just gotta get thru this i guess. got no other choice.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.