Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question St. John's Wort? -OT-

So. I'm trying to think of ways to help my boyfriend quit using tobacco and love himself a little more.

A couple years ago, my boyfriend was put on a mild anti-depressant and it REALLY helped him. From everything to eating better to getting out of bed in the morning. But, we don't have medical insurance and the prescription was WAY too expensive for our budget, so he stopped using it. Of course, he has a hard time setting priorities now. He quit smoking by switching to a Swedish pouched chew called Snus. But recently, he's been more stressed out about his second year of college coming up and has gone back to smoking AND using snus.

I was looking online to see if there are any OTC or natural supplements to help with depression or to just help him care a little more about himself. I found an article about St. John's Wort and started researching it. It seems that it's very well tolerated by most and has fewer side effects than anti-depressants. The only thing is, it says that in some light skinned people, it can cause increased sensitivity to light and can cause rashes or sunburns with mild sun exposure.

Has anyone had any experience with St. John's Wort or known anyone who has? What do you think? Do you think it's worth a shot?

Default Re: St. John's Wort? -OT-

i considered it years ago.....but had a friend who had some bad reactions to it.

what anti depressant was your boyfriend on? alot of them now have generic brands......i now take generic prozac which is way cheaper than the name brand. also alot of drug companies will give it to you free or low cost if you call or email them with your status........

he really needs to be back on them......

good luck
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.