Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Someone pleeese help!

I Stress out when a family member or friend start to feel sick. I ask them obout every 5 minutes if they think they are going to V*. I Tell them to have a drink of water and to sit down. Then i feel guilty, because i try to avoid them bacuse i dont want to catch anything like a virus or bug. They tell me i get really annoying. What can i do?

Default Re: Someone pleeese help!

i know how you feel......i drive my husband and friends crazy if they mention the don't feel well.........i ask a million questions........

i have no help for you on this......but wanted you to know that you're not alone
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Talk to them ahead of time saying what you would like you to tell them. Such as tell you when they feel like ___, or let you know if ____.

Then you can backoff and stay away from them, and not have to worry about exposure

I am the exact same way. Even my husband. I cannot be in the same room with ANYONE who feels sick or like they may v*.

Emet is a totally valid fear. But I can understand how asking someone every 5 minutes (and that someone already doesn't feel good) would get irritating after awhile. I suggest that you walk away from the situation, go take a bath or shower, breathe, and try to relax. Remember, removing yourself away from the person who doesn't feel well will make the chances of you feeling ill go way down!

**hugs**

im the same way my mom wasn't feeling well the other day so i kept asking her questions and telling her to just breath and to drink gingerale ( no body likes to see their mom weak, moms are supposed to be strong always!)...but I do the same thing. an other time my friend was so drunk she kept saying she felt sick OMG! i was freaking out! i kept telling her that she would be fine and to not think about it. luckly she never did v* thank god!

Thx everyone!!!

That sounds just like how my mother used to act in the last 10 years or so of her life. she was always asking me if I felt OK, & would always comment that I did`nt look well. she never freaked out if I Ved as a child, but someone else usually cleaned it up. All this makes me wonder if she was emetophobic too.

I know this is a couple months late, but you are not alone! I start to shake when I see someone that looks sick. I ask them if they are ok every 5 minutes. I can't go to a party without the faer of someone getting sick from too much alcohol and when my boyfriend drinks, I ask him if he feels sick like every 2 minutes. He also says its annoying. Well, people will deal with it if they know you have a problem. So here I am saying I have the same problem as you!

emynrosie Guest

oh my god! i go through the exact same thing! if someone says to me that they feel sick, i always ask them what kind of sick do they feel, etc. i know that situation is really hard, but i think the best thing to do is to try and keep yourself as calm as you possibly can. its so hard because i find it really hard to calm down too! i don't really know if there is anything more you could actually do?

I do the same thing. My daughter is home sick w/ a *sv as we speak and I'm trying to keep from calling home every 5 min to ask how she is. Terrified everyone else will get it. Can't get enough Lysol!!! And this makes me feel like a HORRIBLE mother. She's sick and needs/wants here mommy and I CANNOT do it. I panic. I freeze up. I literally have panic attacks! I HATE IT!

I'm sorry that you have this trouble, but man, it's SO nice to know that I'm not the only one!!!!
    When God closes one door, he always opens another.
    Sometimes it's just hell in the hallway.

emynrosie Guest

oh no thats terrible!
    yeah, i fully understand where you're coming from. if my parents have thrown up, i make sure i stay as far away as possible and i actually need to just stay out of the house until i know they are all better cause i don't want to catch anything! yeah it's very nice to know that you are not the only one out there suffering this! i hope your daughter gets better soon!