Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: how to help

Default how to help

Hi
    Im a newbie here - my wife has symptons of emetophobia. She accepts she has an issue, but refuses to go see anyone to talk it through.

I obviously don't understand what she feels but try to be supportive - how can I help her 'recover' from this.
    I know its not an overnight thing, but don't know how to approach it. Everytime we talk it seems to end in a fight.

Has anyone perhaps tried the programme this site recommends - if so does it work.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Default Re: how to help

i know how she feels about seeking help......the few times i did try a doctor for help they basically told me to get over it.....and "no one likes to v."

i know that finding this forum back in january has totally helped me.......i'm not cured by any means......but just being able to talk about it openly without fear of being judged or laughed at makes it easier. i've also gotten lots of help and suggestions on how to deal with the panic.

we all re-act differently.....i prefer to be alone in a panic.....others like people around....if she searches through this site she will find different techniques.......some might seem a little strange, but most of us are willing to try anything to get through it......

is your wife on any medications? i take prozac daily and it has totally helped my obsessive thoughts of being sick 24/7.........

have her get on here and start reading some posts and posting herself......we'll try and help her .......
    we know how she feels........and it can suck really bad
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.