Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Honestly, fellow emet moms, I am at my wits end with my 2 year old!!! We were at my husband's grandmother's following my husband's uncle's funeral. My father in law is in town from Phoenix and he wanted to spend time with my girls, since he rarely gets to see them, so he went to pick up some pizzas, well, Haley ate LOTS of dinner, then got down from the table, tripped, and smacked her head on her chair. She then began crying--hard. I panicked, because I KNEW that since she had just finished eating, and began crying that she was going to throw up. Greg's cousin has 5 kids and wanted to help, so she followed us into the bathroom. Well, Haley just let it ALL go, including her lunch that she had eaten at NOON (5 hrs. before!!) right into the sink. And once again, I was bad mom, instead of comfortin her, I was telling her to STOP, then Debbie (the cousin) cleaned everything out of the sink, because I am too much of a wimp to do it myself, and my kid was the one who did it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't beat yourself up over this incident. You did the best you could, at least you were in the bathroom(a good thing)

I remember my kids v* in the bathroom and me standing at the door telling them it would be alright.

I'm glad the cousin was there. What a nice person to help you and your daughter.

You did good in my book!!

Renee

</font>

Donna, you crack me up, you remind me of myself! Well you were in the bathroom, and again I will tell you, you are not a bad mom at all! You are getting to know when your daughter is going throw up! It is hard to clean up that stuff it is the worst disgusting crap to clean! I think you did very well!!! Remember what we talked about before, no emet mother is a bad mother because they can't be with there kids when they are ill!! Keep smiling! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey... you got her into the bathroom and too the sink right? RIGHT! I'm betting it would be much LESS fun to have to clean up a carpet or the floor.

I was wondering though... why a lot of people take their kids, or themselves for that matter,to the sink when they're sick. I've just always thought that the toilet is what thatkind of thing isfor. A toilet is where all the unsanitary stuff should go, it flushes and the drain is much more well equipped for that kind of thing. A sink, on the otherhand, backs up more easily and that's where we all wash our hands, brush our teeth and rinse our mouths... umm... ew... lol... maybe it's just me.

I wouldn't worry though, you handled it as best you could and a whole lot better than many others would. I hope Haley's okay and she didn't hit her head too hard... the little girl I used to babysit would cry so hard she would literally stop breathing... now that is a horrific experience!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

kentucky asked the same question i was going to about the sink. I don't think you are bad though because you didn't clean it up. It seems like your cousin gets what you are going through at least to the point where she will deal with the aftemath.
    You knew that daughter was going to be sick and your handled everything wonderfully. You knew that it was going to make hew sick and you got her to the bathroom.
    I use to babysit a girl like that she will be 2 soon as well and as soon as the tears started to flow....ugh.... I had to stop taking care of her. She was a monster anyways but I couldn't deal with it.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.