Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Vertigo?

Just wondering if there are any others who have suffered from bouts of vertigo out there? Begnign Positional Vertigo, which is triggered by having your head tilted usually to one side or back. I have had 2 episodes in the last 5 years, each lasting at least 6 months. I was thinking about the possibility of it being linked to this phobia? Any thoughts?

--Tink

yes, it may very well be. i have had vertigo and other inner ear problems.

there is a book called "phobia free" that addresses this issue. you can look it up at www.amazon.com i am sure and see what i am talking about

edit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...0871315394/qid =1103428795/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-9465238-3934530?v=glance &s=books&n=507846Edited by: lizard79
    elizabeth

My husband had one of those inner ear attacks a few months ago. It hit him all of the sudden. We were in bed, and he turned over to his right side, and he said, "I just got really dizzy, and the clock is rocking back and forth". I had no idea what his problem was. He laid in bed feeling that way for about 5 minutes, and he sat up, and ran out of the room to v. He said he was still really dizzy after that, so he sat down on the couch and was very still. He then laid on the couch on that same side, and it happened again. He jumped up, and stumbled like a drunkto the the bathroom, and v'd. He was then afraid to lay down on that side. He was so so, on the other side. Well, I talked him into going to the ER, because I thought maybe it was lack of oxygen to his brain, or heart problems, high blood pressure, etc. (he is diabetic and has had previous heart trouble) Of course me, an emet, could not get the courage to take him, thinking that maybe he would v on the way there.

I told him I would call and ambulance, and he said no...he was ok to drive since he was sitting upright. Well, a few hours later, he came back saying that it was his inner ear. (positional vertigo) They gave him some meds there, and they worked really well; in fact, he didn't need them again. It came and went pretty fast. Charlotte

I had something like that a few years ago. It was a really weird feeling. I was scared to death though b/c I had no idea what it was. I didn't vomit, but it made me nauseous and panick. I went to the doctor, and he gave me some medicine that helped. I still have it. I think it's some kind of antihistamine. Not a fun time.