Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I got this email from one of my friends today and wanted to share it w/ you guys. I think it will be useful definitely for the women and even the men if not for themselves then for the women in their lives. Also I remember someone posting about their concerns of beign abducted so hopefully this will help youa little:

<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt">
    We can now add to the list of victims the retired 77 yr. old TCU professor from Ft Worth whose body was found last week in Oklahoma--and the 11 yr.old in Sarasota, FL. Because of these recent abductions in daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation...This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.
    After reading this, forward it to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go.[B] AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEA
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Interesting. And disturbing!

Thanks for the info!

SimplyMe, I'm so glad you posted that. I don't know how many of you have heard on the news about a University of North Dakota student who's been missing for the last 5 months, she was abducted from the mall in Grand Forks, ND after she got done with work at Victoria's Secret. It was 5pm, still light out, tons of cars in the parking lot, etc. Well her body was found this past Saturday. She was abducted from the town I live in, so it hits really close to home for me. Anyways, it really can happen to anyone, anywhere. The man who allegedly kidnapped and killed her is a Level 3 sex offender who'd gotten out of prison recently. Since this happened, there has been alot of publicity around here of sex offenders moving into the area. I just wanted to make all of you aware, it is public information and your right to know where these types of predators live. Look on the internet to see if any of them live by you. Not to say that all sex offenders will re-offend, but there is that chance, these people are sick. Esp. if you have children. Another thing I wanted to say is to please, always be aware of things going on around you. Try and leave the mall with a small crowd, don't park in places that aren't well lit, have other cars there, and things like that. Buy some mace or pepper spray and keep it on your key chain. You just never know who's out there lurking and wanting to hurt someone. But above all just be smart, always be looking around you and be one step ahead of anyone who might be wanting to hurt you. Again, SimplyMe, thanks for posting that. It really came at a good time for me.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

SimplyMe, tht was very thoughtful for you to post tht, certainly has given me some thoughts on stuff, altho i dont live in the USA.

tke care

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glad you found it useful! It is scary but I think knowing what to do/that you can protect yourself helps.

Jo, that's so scary! It's so strange when somethign like that happens in your own backyard and then it's not happening "only to other people" anymore.

Stay safe!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

thanks.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

wow that was really helpful. I easily get scared when i'm home alone but its good to know what to do in a scarry situation!!!