Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been told by numerous people, including my parents that I am gaining weight and becoming fat, so I have decided to stop eating. I am not eating anymore, or I am eating very little. I did it for a few weeks this sumemr and lost so much weight. f*** it! I get so much more positive energy when I am skinnier. My mom makes fun of me and always tells me to "put it down..." when I go to eat something.

I checked those weight indexes and they say that I am overweight too. My self-confidence is gone, I am embarassed, so I am gonna stop eating.

I heard all of your weights, and I am bigger than all of you! 5'7" 160 fcukign pounds!

I wanted to try to make myself throw-up, I figured that I could kill two bird with one stone, but I am scared thatI will feel sick afterwards.

I am embarassed of myself!

Lauren

no no no!! Not eating is bad!! Dont listen to what people say! no matter what! Self confidence is very important! Try not to let it get to you! I used to be less than 5' and when i was 11 i was 123 lbs!I used to be called "Fat Girl" in chinese when i was younger. Hey, even my friend's grandma goes like "ah, fay mui" <--meaning fat girl. I dont have a name when it comes to her. I'm sorry, aw please dont stop eating..[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Try 5'4" and 200+ lbs, weight has NOTHING to do with self-confidence or self image unless you let it. Who cares what your parents say? They don't have the power to send you on a path of self-destruction, only you do.

Dieting isn't good for you, and not eating is awful for you, it will run down your immune system and leave you at risk for getting sick. Just eat healthy, exercise, and tone what you have. Exercise will get two birds with one stone, not only does it raise seratonin and put you in a great mood, but it will tone you up too. You don't have to do anything fancy, walking is great exercise, it's the same as running, just takes a little longer. It's -3 here now so I just jump around the house to get exercise. I do my own version of Tai Bo (don't have the tapes, I just make it up as I go).

My life revolves mainly around my horses and showing them, and showing them has always been an uphill battle due to my weight, but I don't let it get me down, I just work all that much harder (and I do work very hard to lose weight, I am on medications that make me gain, so even on a low calorie diet with plenty of exercise I lose very very slowly, when I cheat I gain super fast). Anyway, I don't believe there is anyone in this world who can show my mare the way I do, I get the most out of her than even professional trainers do, she tries for me. She may have more weight to carry than other horses, but we still win our share! I couldn't do that with confidence, so don't be telling me that confidence only comes in a slim figure.

And incase you had your doubts... here is me and Gracie showing this summer at our Saddle Club show...

And us during Jumping Figure 8 at CHAMP SHOW, a show you have to qualify for, for placing first or second in at a qualifying saddle club show...

Not eating is very unhealthy. You eat for a reason, honey! The reason you lose so much weight when you don't eat is because your body basically eats itself for energy! If you really feel this way, you need to speak with someone about it. It's very important that you maintain a good diet. Not eating can make you very sick... and make your immune system weaker as well. Please, please don't do this to yourself. We all love you here and are here for you!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't listen to those people! I cannot believe your mom tells you to put your food down!! That would make me wanna stuff a whole cake in my mouth just to piss her off!!

It is very bad to eat very little, or to not eat at all. People should love you for who you are, and you need to let those rude people know that! Tell them if they don't love/like you for who you are, then tough s---!!

If it weren't for those people's remarks, you wouldn't feel so bad about yourself. If you really want to lose weight, you gotta do it the right way. Go "race walking", go work out, eliminate the extra carbs and fats in your diet...but don't do it the unhealthy way! Your immune system will be shot, and your body just can't function that way. Please think of a different route...we are here to help you! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte

mate... if u dont eat... ur gnna put weight ON. ur body is going to go into starvation mode and when u do eat the tiniest thing, which u will do eventually, it will stick to you like a tonne of bricks and will not budge. your weight wil increase, i promise you.

if you want to lose weight, FOR URSELF, cos i dont feel u shud be doing it for anyone else, then try and eat fruit whenever u want a nibble, instead of smthing fatty. and EXERCISE&gt; trust me, its the ONLY healthy way of losing weight.

but as i said, you should only be doing it for yourself. if other people are saying that s*** to you, then they're not worth the ground you tread on. as long as your happy with yourself, in the end, thats all that matters. to me, you dont sound too overweight anyway! i mean.. ur very tall (in my eyes) and what if ur just heavy boned??? honestly... do things rationally. ((feels lke a HUGE hypocrit - but at least i can learn from my mistkes))

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You should definitly not stop eating. That is very unhealthy for you. If you want to loose weight and stay healthy, all you have to do is eat healthy foods, and exercise a little. Loosing weight by not eating will make you very unhealthy and will also weaken your immune system, making it more of a chance that you might catch a bug or something. Don't try to throw up to loose weight either, that is also unhealhty and will make you a bulimic. Doing that will ruin your teeth too because the acid rots away at your teeth if you keep throwing up. Gross.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

As a person suffering fromanorexia, I must say it makes me rather angry for people to say such things. I'm not unsympathetic to how you feel, but you have no idea what you would be putting your poor body through. And if you thought you had emet bad now, it will get much worse if you're anorexic. Trust me it gets a lot worse!!! So try exercising more and eating less. If you want to contact me I can tell you about all the horrible things that have happened to me because of anorexia.

Anna ([email protected])

hey, think sensibly..
    many of us, including me, have gone down the road of starvation, for whatever reasons..and as a consequence, we've felt exhausted, under-nourished, unhealthy, depressed and pathetic..-sound good!?
    starving yourself will dig you a completely new hole..you won't just be underweight, you'll be "obsessed" with your size, and you may never enjoy eating properly..
    putting your health at risk for the sake of dropping a few sizes, is ridiculous..and you shouldn't be taking note of comments which have forced you to react the way you have done.
    My weight isn't perfect, i may not be your idea of "slim"but id like to think my confidence is stemmed from the person who i am, not what meets the eye.
    Just look at ChippedAway with Gracie..! Happiness doesn't stem from perfect figures..but having one will turn you into everyone else..
    It sounds to me asthough you want to be "skinny" not slim, or healthily sized..yet some skinny people look skeletal, and thats far from attractive.
    Think of the person within you who people like and respect..and consider whether they would have the same admiration for you, if you were to go ahead and starve yourbody of the fuel it needs to stay healthy, strong, and more importantly, *alive*
    You need to boost your self esteem before you tackle your weight, otherwise you won't have any positive energy to sustain a healthy diet..
    Do one thing.. make a list and write down FIVE greatcharacteristics about yourself, it'simportant, that when you diet, you are in the right frame of mind..so you don't do yourself and your body harm.

Lauren--I've seen a picture of you and you are not fat. You are very beautiful just the way you are. Not eating enough is very unhealthy. Your body needs food for strength. If you really want to lose weight there are other ways to do it besides starving.Not eating will make things so much worse hun. Don't listen to your mom or any one else who says you're fat. YOU ARE NOT FAT!!!
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

NO NO NO! DON'T NOT EAT!!! That is very very bad for you, because if you don't eat, you go into starvation mode and your body starts using up all of the things that you need to live properly. First of all, you DONT need to lose weight because my friend is 5'5 and 150. For your height, this is completely normal! If YOU decide to lose weight, do it naturally with exercize. Don't let anyone pressure you to lose weight, this is YOUR choice, it's your body!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

When I was growing up my Mum came up woth the nick name Tarse, it's short for Fat Arse, Affectionate hey? Anytime I went near the fridge she had such lil mottos for me as "Fridge Pickers wear big Knickers" and "It's greed not need" I was 14!!! Yeah that was self esteem boosting I tell ya lol Kinda funny looking back now. But anyway the point is I know what it's like to have somone chipping away at your self esteem and it's F*cked up. One person can say you look weird and all day you wonder if thats what everyone else thinks. But starving yourself is not a solution. People, animals, we all need to eat to live, it's how we survive. If you truely want to lose weight and feel better then just eat more fruit, if you wanna fewel healthier and help with anxiety? Then exercise because that has been proven to help with anxiety and it will make you fitter, but dont do any of this because someone else makes you feel low, do it because you want to. No-ones opinion of you really matters, its how you feel in yourself.

Xxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Thanks Guys!

I appreciate all of your personal stories. I understand what you are all saying, so I compromised. I didn't eat as much as I usually do today, but I did eat a little.

Thank you for your support

Lauren

hippychick: that sounds horrible ur mum saying that !! =| out of interest does she say anything about her own weight/image?

my mother does this thing.. wher she prances around the house saying " my figure is just pefect, isnt it" and it anoys m,e to hell tbh.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Lauren - its def exercise. If u wanna lose weight then u need to exercise and change ur eating habits to healthy eating.

you cant just STOP eating. ur poor body will give up and ull end up making urself really sick.

my mum used to tell me when i didnt eat when i was a kid - she used to say - em if u dont eat then ull end up in the hospital with a drip - and then youll be with all the really sick people! just the thought of a hospital was enough to make me feel that eating a little was ok!!

but it depends what reasons u arent eating too -
    a) coz its an image/weight thing
    or
    b) coz your worried abt being sick/v*ing?

correct me if im wrong someone but i thought the eating disorder ANOREXIA was specifically for people with image problems/weight issues (spurred on by various things of course)? thats why im always wary abt saying anorexia with emet coz really its not the same thing is it....?

ems x

you know, but starving yourself, you actually loose weight very slow. Its a survival thing we have. our metabolism slows down to maintain as much energy as it can so we could survive longer if we ever were stranded or without food for a long time.

there are much safer ways to loose weight. I know sometimes it seems so easy to get frustrated, but why not look into an aerobics class... or go walking with a friend. excersize is something we all need regardless of our weight. Youll feel so much better! and hey, if loosing weight is a side effect, horray!!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

To totally stop eating is not good for you. If you feel bad about yourself or want to lose weight, then why don't you do some cardio three times a week and some weight training (it will make you feel better any way). Also, I don't know if you do this or not, but I tend to, instead of eating 1 or 2 big meals a day even 3, try to eat 5 small meals a day with some protein, a little carbs, and some veggies. My husband's a personal trainer, and he told me that eating about 5 small meals throughout the day speeds up your metabolism and helps with weight loss. For example, just if I were to eat one meal a day or even two big meals, my body would store that as fat instead of using it as energy. It's just a thought if you are unhappy with your weight. If you are happy, then stay how you are. Your mom shouldn't be that way with you. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I have tried crash diets but they make me more rangy
    than usual. Well I have tried eating well, excerising, you name it....
    I am just not meant to be thin! And its so damn frusterating... maybe I
    should just give up? I dont know I really don't. Well just know I know
    where you are coming from and you have my support, if that at all means
    anything to anyone. I have a splitting headache. I'm off for now.

Miriam

</font>

Em, Anorexic is when someone starves themselves. Anorexia Nervosa is when someone starves themselves because they want to lose weight and stuff. They are different. Emetophobia can cause Anorexia would you wouldnt have Anorexia Nervosa. Lol sorry if i confused you...and if i'm wrong [i always think i'm wrong] please dont yell at me. ^-^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

yeah that sounds right Wing - im sure ur right coz i dont really know myself! doh! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]