Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My worst story (which is kind of funny now).

When I was in high school, I worked part time at a department store in the juniors fitting room. I worked behind a little desk thing in front of a doorway. Once I was working and a woman came in with her little girl and they were just inside the doorway in front of my desk. The girl said something to her mother in a low voice, she leaned down to hear what she was saying. Then she asked me if I had a tissue, I reached for one as she continued her sentence.. "Because my daughter is going to throw up." I had heard enough, and I climbed ON TOP of the desk and JUMPED over the mother and daughter and out of the room. I ran full speed down two floors, and into our stockroom. I cowered in the corner crying for what seemed like forever. Apparently store security saw me in one of their cameras running through the store crying, and hunted me down finally finding me in the stockroom. Their whole staff of 7 was in there, trying to figure out what had happened. (they thought there was an attempted robbery or fight) I had to tell them that a little girl had thrown up in the fitting room, and well... that was it. I quit (over the phone) the next day. I couldn't stand the thought of ever going in that room again, what if there was a stain on the floor??The real funny part about that story is that I never actually saw or heard anything. It could be that the girl never actually even got sick, I guess I will never know and am very happy about that! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] But I do have a good laugh about it every now and then. Can you imagine being that mother, seeing someone jump over you suddenly hysterical? haha

--Tink

lol. i admire you for being able to hav a giggle about that. hey, if u dont laugh, u cry right?

it sounds SO TYPICAL of an emet its unbelievable. when there was a disgusting v* smell in the calssroom i was due to have my lesson in, i REFUSED to go to the lesson, instead, i spend the whole 1 hour 20 minutes pacing up and down the common room. i musta looked like a right nutter. well at least i didnt run away from skl lke i wudda done when i was even younger!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hehe, that's really great you can laugh about that now. It really gave me a good laugh I wonder what the mother and daughter thought about that?!
    -Anna

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]it's good that you can laugh about it now! i've done really hyseterical things like that! i was in the car one time with my friend (we were parked at a gas station) and she started choking on a sweet! so i did what came naturally....i opened the door, ran out and hid behind the car with my hands over my ears singing as loud as i could so i couldn't hear her! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]That's cool! I have done that
    too. When I was about 6 years old, me and my cousins were having dinner
    at our grandma's.It was fish and potatoes. Suddenly my youngest
    cousin started choking on a fishbone and said the magic words: - I
    think I'm gonna be sick. That was enough. I bolted out and climbed on a
    tree in the yard. I bet that the others were staring out of the window
    laughing...I didn't dare to look back. After a momentmy
    older cousin came out and talked to me; I can't remember what she said
    but i was ashamed... They knew about my phobia and always made jokes on
    it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Edited by: flying finn

lol- i can completely relate..
    my nephew was eating a biscuit once..my dad made him laugh, and he coughed up a load of crumbs..
    i was so panicked by his sudden reaction that i had to run outta my living room,pronto..no-one had a clue why [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

This is a good idea. Being able to share funny stories and laugh
    about this phobia. About 2 years ago I was driving home from a
    bar with my roomate and cousin. While driving in the fast lane,
    at 60 miles an hour, she tells me to pull over....she was gonna be
    sick. I didn't even look in the reveiw mirror, I turned across
    three lanes of traffic, tires squeeling and pulled into a parking
    lot. I jumped out of the car before putting it in park. It
    started to roll away!!! I had to run to catch up with it,
    while she was getting sick out the passenger door. To top it all
    off, she needed a napkin. We didn't have one, so I gave her a
    maxi-pad I had in my purse. (of course it wasn't used). We
    laugh about it now. Keep adding your stories...I was cracking up
    reading each one!

Carrie[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Oh man you poor guys!!

Geez I have some funny stories too, emet related. One (which was NOT funny at the time, but now it is) well I was younger prolly say under 10 and we had Christmas at my aunts, and all the relatives were there, and well my family and I were getting ready to leave, and all of a sudden I felt SOOO SICK, I had had too much fudge, and I started FREAKING in front of everyone! I bolted out the door, and paced around my aunts yard, while all the poor relatives were proly wondering what the hey? My cousins (reportedly from the one who told me this later) they ran upstairs and hid under the beds because I was gonna be sick (lol I dont think that REALLY happened, but I think my cousin added that in!) but now its like a running joke between me and Ashley my one cousin, shes like "eat any fudge lately?" lol and we laugh about it, tho of course at the time I was scared sh*tless!

I worked at a bar for years, and one of the employees got totally wasted drunk! So she went and passed out in the back office. Well, me and my friend (whom is also an emet) were asked to go check on her to make sure she was ok. Well, meand this emet friend stood outside the door to where the drund gal was, andmy emet friend said "go check on her", I said "no...you go check on her". We finally came to an agreement that we would both check on her.

We slowly tip-toed in there like we were waiting for a bomb to go off. The drunk and passed out girl started to move ever so slightly, and we bolted out of the room while plugging our ears. We agreed that she was ok. LOL!

We finally picked someone to go in there that could handle seeing v, because thisgal eventually did v all over the floor!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Charlotte

You guys are great! These stories really do put it all into pespective.. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] haha

Thanks,
    --Tink

lol. this is honestly great guys. i do remember in primary school once. this boy had just v*ed on the floor, right nextto the flipping door. we had to jump over it to get out!!

well, when it was my turn to get out... i grabbed onto the teachers arm.. and literally did a flipping high jump over it lol. she said "if u did that in P.E you'd win an award" lol

eveyrone else was just stepping over it sensibly, without the teachers help... lol... god i musta looked odd! =P

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

LOL - im pleased we can look back at these stories and chuckle (a little bit hey)!!

LOL- sorry, but this is pretty funny..i almost feel guilty for laughing at some of these experiences considering the fact that they were far from funny at the timee!

i have had a few experiences like that. I also have many methods of avoidance.

I went to a theme park with some freinds once and everytime they went near a big nasty spinning ride i made out i had to go to the loo so i had an excuse to go away for a while. i just went over to where the toilets were and sat on some benches outside for a while. They were quite worried about me by the end of the day because i spent half the day "in the loo"

now that i drive there have been a few occasions where some where quite a number of us and a couple of people have had to take thier cars. i always make a point of saying that anyone that gets travel sick had best not come in my car because its little and old and the suspension is terrible so my car would be too rough for them. of course theres not actually anything wrong with my car.

lol. tht made me giggle holly. but its a good idea!! i bet us emets have a pretty good imagination =P

Jen xxxx

MSN:

LOL, these stories give me a good laugh. I have one of my own. When I was about 10 years old, my sister was 5. I remember being in the car on the way home from my grandmas house. It was around halloween time. Well my sister and I were in the backseat, and she started coughing a lot, so then I knew she was going to vomit. She did almost everytime she coughed like that. So when she started gagging, my mom turned around from the passengers seat and held a halloween bucket that we had gotten from McDonalds up to her and she started to do it. I was curled up in the opposite side of the car with my ears plugged humming to myself so I couldn't hear it and I was crying. My mom was like, "Why are you crying, she's the one who threw up!" It wasn't funny at the time but now that I look back on it, it is funny now.

<font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

My gosh...reading one of the previous posts, reminded me of being at school when someone v'd. I was in 1st grade (LONG time ago...LOL) and this boy named Yuri had to v, so the teacher set this big brown metal garbage can in the front of the classroom by the chalkboard. She told him "just v in there". I mean, c'mon!! He yacked in front of the whole class in that garbage can, in front of all of us!! And again....then again!!! How sick is that?? The teacher didn't care. I felt like the only one in class that closed my eyes and plugged my ears! ICK, ICK, ICK!!!

I remember my grandmother picked me up from school that day, and the first thing I said when I got in the car was, "A boy threw up in front of the whole class!"

I know this story isn't funny...but it is a bit weird if you ask me! LOL! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte

OMG, that's disgusting!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Your teacher must have been really</span> twisted... yuck!

OMG, I would have started to cry and probably run out of the classroom if I saw that. That reminds me of another story. When I was in 2nd grade, this kid got up in front of the class to tell the teacher that he didn't feel well, and he projectile vomited on the floor right next to the teachers desk. It was so gross, I remember seeing it for just a second, and it was coming out of his mouth like a fountain. Gross!!! I did my usual plugging my ears and humming to myself. I remember having to walk out of the classroom so that the janitor could clean up. It was really gross.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

Ah, don't we all love theclassroom incidents? One afternoon when I was in sixth grade a kid in my math class had gotten a concussion at recess andwas lying down in a corner of the classroom. With no warning whatsoever my teacher stopped mid-lecture and handed the kid a paper bag. I went throughthe usualroutine of closing my eyes,humming andplugging my ears and nose all at once, desperately hoping that this was just a false alarm, that he wouldn't actually do it. But as soon as my teacher grabbed a roll of paper towels and started laying them on the floor, and I knew it was too late. I dared myself to look at the kid as the teacher led him out of the room and noticed that he had white specks in his hair...nastiness...

I opened the window and hung my head out, shaking, hyperventilating and thinking how enticing the idea of jumping seemed at the time. When theteacher came back into the room and asked me to return to my seat I just stood there, panicking. The class thought I was crazy. Oy...*claws at forehead*

I remember being in fourth grade and it was the last day of school. We had a school picnic outside that day, I remember, with a baseball game afterward. Well, about an hour before school ended, we were all back in the classroom and kids were cleaning their desks and washing the blackboards and stuff. Well, all that time, the kids kept spilling the water on the floor, so when I heard a splash, I didn't think anything of it. Well, suddenly, the kids started going, "Ewww!" and I turned around and this girl must have puked a couple gallons. It was a trail leading from the back of the room all the way to the door. It was soooo gross! So I immediately plugged my ears and ran to the corner of the room where our teacher always read stories and sat hunched in a tight ball. I kept saying, "Somebody threw up! Somebody threw up!" Duh! Everyone looked at me like I was nuts! I was such a spaz! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I remember I was in sixth grade in my private school (now i'm in public), and I was in music class with one of my best friends. All of a sudden, this boy calles the teacher over and says, "Sam's throwing up!" It was one of those quiet ones. He was still in the process! I started freaking out, and I launched myself into my friend, basically tackling her. When I saw the puddle, I bolted out of the door that connected to the gym, right into the gym class! After it was all cleaned up, I came back in, and everyone was wondering why i had run into the gym! I was like, "I wanted to go for a run", but of course that didn't go over so well!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Oh man...this is a "not so funny" story, but it is a HUGE pet peave!!!! It is those drunken bums that stumble around and v just pours out of their mouths like it is nothing!!!!!

Graphic-

I went to an outdoor concert here in town a couple of summers ago, and I was just mingling with my friend, and alot of people were drunk. I tried as much as I could to stay out of the drunken section...lol. Well, as me and my friend were heading back to where our blanket and stuff was, this drunk man was walking towards me, and out of no where, v just kept pouring out of his mouth. He just brushed his shirt off and kept walking. Didn't even have the decency to go off somewhere more private!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] ICK, ICK, ICK!!!!

That totally freaked me out! My friend that I was with is an emet too, but she didn't get the pleasure of seeing it! (but it did keep her from going back over there...lol)

HOW can these people do that like it is nothing???????? NASTTTTTTTTTYY!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Charlotte

Oh my gosh! I forgot to mention something about that boy named Yuri that v'd in the garbage can in first grade!!!

Each time he v'd in the trash can, the teacher made us clap for him since he made it into the trash!!!!! HOW SICK IS THAT?????-

"Yayyyyy Yuri!!! clap, clap, clap...woo hoo!"

Man times have changed!!! Thank God. Charlotte