Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Birth Control?

So what form of birth conrol do you prefer?
    My Dr. told me today that I should try the Nuva Ring because it has a lower chance of nausea. Has anyone tried this? I am currently taking a progesterone only pill, and have had only slight nausea. But who knows if that is the pill or just me. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Any reccomendations out there?

Thanks,
    --Tink

i use Microgynon 30 - been on it for years and never once felt sick. infact it increased my appetite!!

I am on Nuva Ring and I LOVE it!!! I have had bleeding problems for the last 10 years and have been going on one pill after the other every few months in the last 5 years. Finally I get the nuva ring and my problems are all gone. It's awesome, the only thing that works for me! It's expensive tho, $45/ring and isn't covered by my insurance, so beware, esp. if the pill was covered by your insurance.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I'm on ovranette - my doc recommended I take this one cos its a lw dosage and therefore minimises side effects...I had no nausea at all with it - stopped taking it 6 months ago as there was no need - back on it now tho as back with boyf [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I'm 29 now, and I have never been on birth control. I've always used condoms. I just never wanted to mess with them.

I'm on Orthy Try Cyclen Lo... and I have not had a problem with it. I never really wanted to try the nuva ring. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was on Yasmin for quite some time, but was always nauseous, so my doc decided that I should try the patch. She told me that the patch and ring are not metabolized through the liver, thus lowering the risk of nausea. Ever since the patch, I've been fine. I love it. Only have to change is once a week! It's great. Good luck and keep us posted!

Mara
    I\'m not completely insane; I\'m just a little bit crazy.

I am on Allesse, which is fantastic, never had a problem with it, but the first night I took it because they say its better at night, you don't feel the side effects, if there is any, I took a gravol with it. Once I woke up the next morning and nothing happened, I felt brave enough to take it again without gravol!