Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi,

Does anybody find that they make themselves feel nauseous because they are worrying about being sick?

i've realised that that's what i do! i worry that much about actually being sick, that i start to think that i feel sick, and i know that i'm making myself worse but i just can't seem to stop it.

is this just me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, it's not just you. I think we all must do the same. Anytime I even think I've been in close proximity of someone who's ill, I start to feel a little sick. I think it's the panic setting in, as well.

the panic is worse than actually being sick i think - its the build up in our minds and the worry and stress that builds up and up and up and the less we breath and panic then the more we feel light headed and sick....one big viscious circle [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

happens to me lke everyday.

i just have to try and prove to myself that it is just the anxiety, nothing else.

is hard though.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some times even if I feel a gas bubble or a gurgle from digestion I freak thinking I might end up sick. Then I start to feel it and have to get control over myself. once I do that, usually with water, drink lots. I'm ok. Just have to tell my self that "I'm ok" "I'm not gonna be sick" "Why would I be sick?" "no one else is"

Happens to me almost every day. I hate it. I worry about getting sick and then I don't eat, don't sleep which makes me worry that that will make me sick. It's one thing after another.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

No. You are not the only one like that. I'm like that too.

That happens to me everyday. Almost always after i eat and sometimes just like that. *sigh*
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

yep! usually i wrack my brain whether or not i want to eat something which is usually tasty and available..and ill make my mind up that it will make me feel sick..so i eat it anyway and enevitably do..(usually)
    it usually depends on what frame of mind im in

Yup, happens to me too. Just the other day. My dad was sick with a stomach but last weekend, and yesterday my stomach started to hurt just a little. Well i took it way out of proportion, of course, and thought that I was getting the bug. Turns out it was nothing, but I got so worried that I was getting it, that I worked myself up over it, and it was justmy nerves.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

Me too. Couple of years ago I had a constant nausea that lasted over a year, 24/7. I couldn't eat (or I didn't dare) and I lost weight so much that the doctors thought that I was anorectic. Today I feel better but still I'm scared to eat too much. It's really annoying because I love to eat![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Yes, I'm the same. I panic so much I set off my IBS and then end up not eating properly for days on end. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Sarah xxx

I agree.. fearing being sick will trigger IBS and that is no fun[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

Yep, been that way too! I had gotten to the point one time, to where my panic would make me nauseated and my mouth tingle along with other extremeties.

I have actually made myself v (by worrying) because I worried so much, but after that, I felt like "well, since I just v'd and feel better, it won't happen again"...and of course it didn't. That only happened one time though. I mostly just had the nausea from my panic attacks. Just another thing we emets have to deal with from time to time along with our anxiety! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte