Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When I was a kid, I always got sick over xmas. Several times I remember laying on the couch sick as a dog right around xmas time. As a result, I HATE the season. I hate everything about it, all because it means getting sick. I haven't been sick at xmas in 12 years, but I still hate it. I hate winter in general, but the holiday season is much worse.

Anyone else feel this way about the season?

This year I got a flu shot. I have no idea if it will work, but it's given me one reason to tell myself to relax. At least it didn't give me any side effects. I'll probably stillbe living on valium for the next few weeks. Ah, magical, magical valium.

I have to admit though, I am much better then when I was a kid. I didn't eat or sleep one winter, convinced that if I did either, I'd get sick. Stupid, of course, because LACK of sleep and food makes you sick.

< /complaining >

Hmm... sorry you got sick on christmas....I don't know too many people that have been sick on christmas.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS, I love the holiday season....the lights, the music, the happiness, the caring and loving of the season

It makes me happy, try to see the good in the season, not the bad that happened a long time ago (12 years)

Lauren

I don't like it either.....I don't think I ever actually threw up on christmas, but I did get a bad flu once...

But, since I'm not christian anyway, and don't even get time off work for christmas, I try to ignore it all. The tough part is, that everyone else seems to get sick at christmas, and I'm on edge right now; I've heard of a lot of people getting sick, and at work too.

I do like winter in general, but the sickness that goes around really bothers me...I just don't understand why it happens like that.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

I don't hate Christmas, but I do hate the season. Winter
    sucks!! Don't get me wrong, I hate the fact that germs are
    everywhere, but I still love giving presents. And snow, and
    christmas trees and the festive music. But I do know what you
    mean. I too have been sick around the holidays. Once on
    Thanksgiving, and once the week of New Years. Just remember to
    wash your hands a lot when visiting family...it's the best way to stay
    healthy. Hope you have a good holiday. Carrie

Unfortunately, the flu shot only prevents you from getting the upper respiratory flu. (influenza) It has nothing to do with the stomach flu. (gastroenteritis) I wish there was a vaccination for the stomach bug though!!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Anyways, I can't say that I hate Christmas, but I do hate the season. I had gotten to the point, for years, to where I hated Halloween...simply because Iand my kids had gotten the stomach bug on Oct. 11, 1995. I still to this day, hate the thought of fall coming.

I have started to like Halloween, but I get panicky in October. I can totally understand where you are coming from. I highly doubt you will get sick this Christmas. Try to enjoy it! You deserve it!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Charlotte

I use to hate xmas cos I also got sick in the winter and at xmas so I dreaded the holiday but not anymore, last year was so soothing and nice so I changed my oppinion towards xmas totally. But I do hate the winter time still cos of the Norwalk that goes around at wintertimes every year.

love
    eh!!

i dont know if u know... but every sunday, guaranteed, i will feel incredibly nauseous in the afternoon. no exception. in the same way, every christmas, at around.... 10 ish.. the nausea will kick in. i dunno why.. its just the way it ALWAYS is!!!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im the same as u Lauren - i LOVVVVEEEEEE Christmas! i love the joy and happiness associated with xmas time. people just seem generally happy. and presents and the fun take my mind off of all the emet!!

ems x

I don't hate Xmas, I just don't believe in holidays. How come people only seem to be nice to you around the holidays? Every day should be a holiday.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I hate Christams. Every Christams until I was about 8 i got a sickness bug in Decemeber and the last time I actually v* was when i was 10 in the month of December. Then I started getting bad colds every Christmas which is better than V*n but still miserable and I always feel depressed during the winter but olbliged to be happy so i don't spoil things for everyone else.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I don't hate Christmas. I actually love it. I do hate winter though. This Christmas won't be too jolly b/c I won't be spending it with my family b/c we just moved. I'm pretty down about it, but I'll be ok. I think... [img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img]

I get really stressed around Christmas. I have bad feelings associated with the holidays from way back when I wasa kid. My parents were divorced and my dad never made it easy on me, I felt like I was just an appointment. Until last year when my husband and I had Christmas at our house, which is far from where we grew up, I'd never gotten to just spend Christmas in one place, not having to watch the clock, open presents or eat and then rush off to the next place, it was always going from here to there, on a schedule. I had no idea how relaxing the holiday can be. So I have icky memories associated with it, plus then there's the worry about emet around this time of year.... it just all contributes to the stress. About Christmas itself, I get saddened by the stores starting earlier and earlier every year to capitalize on it. My mother in law and I went shopping in August at a Ben Franklin craft store and they were putting up their Christmas trees. It disgusted me for some reason. It's all about gifts and toys and it sooooo shouldn't be. I'm off my soapbox....[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11