Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Medication?

Question Medication?

Hello,
    I have been on Celexa for 5 years, then went to Zoloft for a month and now my doctor wants me to take Wellbutrin. I was wondering if anyone knows if Wellbutrin has a high risk of having nausea and vomitting as a main side effect. I'm really scared to take it as the Zoloft made me get sick.

Thank you,
    Emjay

Default Re: Medication?

My doctor just prescribed Zoloft. Did you actually V*? Or just feel n*?

Actually the zoloft just gave me extreamly painful heartburn when I didn't have food in my stomach. I made myself v* to relieve the pain. It was only because I have stomach ulcers. And its rare that you would have the same symptoms.

Emjay.....how on earth did you make yourself V* if you have emetophobia...hope you don't mind me asking you this,and I'm not trying to be nasty...I'm just sooooo shocked by this...I would do ANYTHING if it ment to stop my self from actually being sick.I'm very very confused!!

i don't think i could ever do it either........even though sometimes i wish i could.......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zoloft make me soooooo naueated, and I am pretty strong to meds. This has made me give up hope on trying SSRI's, basically anything but benzos and herbals...

I took Wellbutrin XL for 4 days this spring and to be honest it was really bad. My doctor had actually never seen anyone who reacted as poorly as I did to it, so you probably won't have all the side effects that I did. Wellbutrin actually has one of the lowest risks of n* and v* of all the antidepressants. Just give it a try if your doctor is suggesting it, just start with a low dose and increase slowly as needed.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

OMG i could never ever make myself S*!! I would rather go through all the pain in the world than be Sick !!!

My doctor prescribed me Citalopram for the anxiety, but it's made me feel so nauseous I refuse to stick with it. It wouldn't have been so bad if she let me stick with the Domperidone with it. Going to go back and ask for something else.