Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default When Does Norovirus Season Start?

Hi everyone! Well, it's already August and if you're like me I'm starting to fear the upcoming months. Winter is right around the corner and doesn't that mean the Norovirus is too? I'm not sure when the virus begins, could someone let me know? I know I shouldn't be worrying about it this early, I should be enjoying the remaining warm weather, but I am already freaking out about it due to going back to college for the fall semester and being around all those people gives me a MUCH higher chance of contracting this God awful virus.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Default Re: When Does Norovirus Season Start?

there is no start and end date. norovirus is in the community all year round. we hear more about it in the winter months and the press like to hype it up. last year or so they kept reporting that 2 million had it in the UK. well there are like 65 million people so i tried focusing on the 63 million or so who HADNT had it. just take all ur normal precautions and im sure ull be fine.

Noro never takes a break, the media just hypes it up in the winter. You're still safe, just keep washing your hands before you eat and after you potty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also..I have heard that in the winter more bugs are killed off.and in the warm and hot months it breeds more as thats what bugs enjoy...please think of this people!!

Quote Originally Posted by jadepanic View Post
    Also..I have heard that in the winter more bugs are killed off.and in the warm and hot months it breeds more as thats what bugs enjoy...please think of this people!!
    Norovirus can survive being frozen unfortunately. Like other have said it is around 365 days a year, it just seems to peak in the winter months for some reason, maybe because we're all indoors more often, not sure why really but like ejb199 says just keep on with your normal precautions like handwashing before eating and you will be ok. The media just love to hype it up and also like ejb199 said again they skew the statistics to make it sound like we're all doomed and it's the next black death when in reality there's way more people DON'T get it than do.

ah ok,I'm sorry...I did not know this!! thanks.xx

Thank you everyone! This had made me feel a little better. I've never (that I can remember) gotten Noro in the summer time. I got it in Feb 07' and I think I had it this year in March but I never v* just had severe nausea with d*, but I survived! The only thing that tends to really scare me about it is how long it can sometimes last. I knew a guy this year who had it and was v* for 7 days! He had it a whole week! I've only had it for 24 hours! That makes me nervous.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I hate it when Noro is going around. Seems like in my area (SC) its more prevelent from Jan-Mar. Here's to all of us having a Noro-free year! =)

I use to work in a hospital and there were always posters every where saying 'Winter V* bug' this use to freak me out big time!! I had to leave that job as i just couldnt handle being that close to it all.