Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Celebrities with emetophobia

So i was reading about emetophobia and came across a few celebrities that have it. Cameron Diaz, Matt Lauer and Denise Richards. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other celebs that have it? You would never expect such famous figures who seem so confident to have a life altering fear just like us. That makes me not feel like such a freak sometimes

Default Re: Celebrities with emetophobia

I know Howie Mandel is terrified of germs. He's not specifically emetophobic but he has many of the same symptoms we do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow and to think i thought they were all perfect lol

I always watch shrek when I feel ill as it comforts me, who would of thought one of the voice actors has emetophobia herself, I will feel even more comforted now lol!
    I'm guilty of being innocent

wow...cameron diaz?? where did you read about that?? i always wondered if any celebrtited had it.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

They obviously don't have it as bad as we do. Matt is on TV ALL the time...I couldn't be on TV for fear that I would be sick for the whole world to see. They all go to award things and have lives.... :P Something most of us wouldn't be able to do.

I don't know of any more that do, but I saw this clip of Howie Mandel when he was judging an America's Got Talent episode and one of the acts tossed a piece of floss that had been in his mouth and against his throat at Howie and Howie FLIPPED OUT, literally rocketing out of his chair and darting away from the seat as fast as possible. And everyone laughed hystarically but I felt SOOO bad because I could see on his face that same panic that I've seen in myself before. Poor guy !
    Just remember to breath....

Quote Originally Posted by alxndriamrqtt1 View Post
    They obviously don't have it as bad as we do. Matt is on TV ALL the time...I couldn't be on TV for fear that I would be sick for the whole world to see. They all go to award things and have lives.... :P Something most of us wouldn't be able to do.
    Some emets are just afraid of the sick itself, not doing it in front of someone.

You may find these links helpful!

Charlie brooker has it
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

Quote Originally Posted by x...RaChE...x View Post
    Charlie brooker has it
    yes and he flew all the way to Las Vegas this week to get married. Re the other poster saying they don't have it as bad as they do because they have lives and go to awards ceremonies etc i can see where you are coming from as at my lowest points with emet i was barely able to get round the supermarket and couldn't even imagine flying or going out for a meal but now i'm alot better in the sense that i work 40 hours a week, go out, eat well (too well according to my bathroom scales) and don't let emet stop me doing anything (apart from rollercoasters and eating shellfish lol) but that doesn't make me any less terrified of vomiting, it still is my absolute worse fear in life and i'd rather die than be sick but i just refuse to let the fear stop me living the rest of my life to the full, and maybe thats what these celebs are doing too, they are an inspiration to us all that we dont' have to let emet rule our lives

Amen to that response, Pauline! I am the same! I really wish we could have met when I was in the UK! I think we would get along great!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I remember finding out Matt Lauer had it, and then later I was watching the show with my mom, and he was supposed to do some kind of flip demonstration or sport thing with some guy (sorry I forget the details, but he had to be upside down I remember), and he backed out at the last minute on live tv because of "jet lag". I was thinking....oooh I know what's going on here.

howie mandel has a seperate house from his family wife and kiddies, he is a severe germaphobe, notj ust emet.

Joan Baez is definitely emet, or at least used to be. She discussed it in her autobiography. I have also heard rumors that James Dean was emet, but I have never found anything to confirm it.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Howie Mandel also has an autobiography where he discusses him being a germaphobe and his OCD. It's titled "Here's the Deal: Don't Touch Me" I was able to request it from my library if any of you are interested!

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72 View Post
    Amen to that response, Pauline! I am the same! I really wish we could have met when I was in the UK! I think we would get along great!
    Hi Mary! Sorry I didn't come on here for a while after I posted that! I agree and yes I really wish I could have met you too when you were over, next time definitely or you never know we might end up over your side one day

I like Joan Baez. I didn't know she was an emet.

Dang, someone beat me to the Joan Baez one. X/
    The only celeb I remembered who's emet. Ive heard of most of the others too, but Cameron Diaz is a new one on me. I never knew, and Im a little surprised.

And Im really sorry to hear about how severe Howie M. is, having a separate house from his family and everything. That really is an extreme case. Poor guy :c

I have just found that Regina Hall - the one in the Scary Movie series - has it as well! i didnt know Cameron Diaz had it though!

For you Brits of the board, and Pop Music lovers.

Frankie from the Saturdays stated that she was afraid of v* on their website

I believe Cameron Diaz has a fear of germs which is mysophobia... not specifically emetophobia. Like most of us aren't really afraid of colds or other sinus related bugs... my understanding is that for her, it's everything. She opens doorknobs with her hands and habitually cleans her home and washes her hands. She is along the same lines as Howie Mandel, just not quite to the same extreme.

ckaszyca Guest

I guess everyone has their one big fear of something. Kind of makes you feel not so alone

Celebrities are by no means better than anyone else. Example:

"Oh hia guyz!"
    Anyway I am sure there are emet celebrities. =P

attractive
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Sacre Bleur!
    I love Amy <3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather be Emet than be like Amy Winehouse!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I didn't know about Cameron Diaz!!!
    I now have a new found confidence, LOL!

here is a link to an interview somone did with charlie brooker, he explains his battles with emet and then tells you how to avoid it (some parts of the storeys may be a little graphic to some) http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...charliebrooker
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

LOL. That article was hillarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post
    LOL. That article was hillarious!!!
    I know! Charlie brooker was already one of my favourite celebrity's even before i knew he had emet, just another reason to like the guy.
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.