Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I quit smoking yesterday and I think I would rather just die. I have to say, I like smoking, smoking makes me happy. BUT, I don't want to die of lung cancer or emphazemia so quitting is definitely in my best interest. This is hard, very hard. I spent and hour pacing in my apartment alternating between yelling and crying. Withdrawl from nicotine is bad. Very bad. I called my mom tonight and made her promise me that if I died she would take care of my dog and not give her away (my dog is spoiled rotten). Not that I would kill myself but this is just sooooo hard that I feel like I could just die. I choose this week because I'm on vacation from work and it's a good thing. I was driving down the road today and the guy in front of my put his brakes on and I just went off, yelling and screaming at this guy. That's probably what I would be doing to my employees if I was at work.

In a way I actually wish I could feel some n* right now. At least then I wouldn't being eating everything I can get my hands on. I'm not really hungry. My stomach is full, but the rest of me feels like I'm hungry so I just keep eating and eating.

For any of the younger members if you don't smoke now, DON'T EVER START!!!!!!!! One day you will want to quit and quitting is sooooooooooo hard. Trust me, no one ever wants to go through this.

This is really a ramble and for that I'm sorry but I feel like I'm going crazy![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Vikki

I'm sorry you're going through this, but like you said, it is definitely in your best interest. Every vice has a versa... you know. I've heard that nicotine withdrawl is one of the worst. I know you'll get through it. I just hope it becomes easier.

My dad tried to stop smoking... he lasted about a year before my mom shoved a ciggarette into hismouth because he was always such a grouch when he wasn't smoking. He's no 50 years old and has been smoking since he was like 15. He also refuses to see a doctor for ANYTHING... I know something is going to happen to him because of this. Other than smoking, he leads a healthy life, but smoking is like one of the worst things you can do to your body. I'm scared sh*tless that my dad will founder before he even gets to see any grandchildren. Its a horrible thought... but so is what could possibly be going on inside my father's lungs, and how he never gets checkups. God that's a hard subject for me. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What you are doing is a good idea. I wish I could quit, but I
    don't want to. Not yet anyway. Maybe you should have quit
    during a week of work. It sounds like you would have something to
    take your mind off of it, instead of pacing around your house in
    tears. Try running an errand or taking your adorable spoiled pup
    for a walk. Anything to take your mind off of it. And
    remember, no one is perfect. If you slip, try, try again.
    Good Luck. Carrie

Good job for beginning to quit! My Grandfather smoked for the longest time, he had about three heart attacks, emphazemia, and all sorts of other problems when he decided to give up. Recently he's doing a bit better, and although his health problems may not have disappeared, he says his quality of life is better, for sure.
    -Anna

Good luck, I know its hell. I've been a smoker for 15 years now and keep swearing I will quit before age 30 (fyi....that's in april, time is ticking) I've tried all the remedies, patch, gum etc....

Had a fairly good run with the Nicotrol inhaler, that's a prescription you have to get from your doctor, its not expensive and most insurance covers it, and every doctor is happy to hear you want to quit so no problem finding a doctor to write the script for you.

Best of all, alot of the other meds tend to make you more nervous, or upset your stomach (and we all know how bad that can get) With the inhaler the worst that happens is a rather nasty taste in your mouth and a little burning feeling in your throat for a minute or two. But it helps, I am going back on it starting next year.

But the best part of the inhaler, it still gives you something to do with your hand-mouth fixation other than replace it with food. Talk to your doctor and give it a try. My doctor even gave me a free sample of it to see if it would work for me. ood luck, remember its better to quit and try not to kill anyone. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

im defenitely never gnna start up smoking.. but thanks for the warning!

and good luck

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

haha awwwwwwwww!!!!! I'm 16, and never smoked, and i never want to because i know how lots of people get addicted easily!! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

My b/f is trying to quit.... well i'm trying to make him quit! lol but the thing is, he wants to quit, he hates the fact he smokes, and he finds it really hard to quit!