Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hospital tomorrow!

I have an appointment tomorrow (nothing to do with my emet). As you can imagine, I hate going to the hospital, even though it's a part that doesn't deal with infectious diseases the patients still might not feel well. And I'm going on my own for the first time. Guess I'll stop off on the way for a magazine or something to do to take my mind off things. I would take my Ipod, but then I won't hear them call me through for my appointment!

Default Re: Hospital tomorrow!

i know what you mean i hate hospitals they freak me out!!
    Once i had to go to the xray department with my bf and just sitin there made me abit panicky!
    Plus my bf gets n* in hospitals cos his scared of blood..so i was doubbly worried lol

Its good you have an i pod thou you could always have one ear unplugged so you dont miss your call and if you do hear anything iffy just put it back in quickly! I think it should be ok though, its normally only the A&E that you get people come in randomly if they feel ill..and obv the patients in there beds :3 not the waitin room. x
    "To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead"

./\、 ..meow?
    (゚、 。 7
    .|、 ~ヽ
    .じしf_,)ノ ..

If your allowed to (may not be based on if your having some kind of surgery or something), take some anti anxiety meds before going

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, my bfs not too keen on needles so when I was in A and E and they were trying to put an IV in it was me comforting him! But at least I'm in clinic tomorrow so hopefully people are just there for routine check ups, not because they're actually feeling ill. Thanks!

I don't have any anti anxiety meds prescribed, and I'm not allowed to take OTC stuff without checking first in case it interferes with my meds. But I should be alright, I mean I get nervous but won't actually panic unless something does happen.

i wish i only panicked when something happend (or not at all preferably) because i panic ALL the time about ANYTHING to do with S*